Ad Operations Manager
Ad Operations Manager
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month over 30 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 200 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and by drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and tracing pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
As an Ad Operations Manager, you will work directly with key business, product and engineering teams to build a robust ad ops machine at Quizlet. You will be responsible for fulfilling, optimizing, and delivering our digital advertising operations. This position will partner with sales and product teams on strategy while proactively increasing our expertise with ad tech and best practices.
Quizlet is a leading company in education technology with proven traction and huge growth ahead. Our business model is strong and got us to profitability before raising venture capital money. Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere. Quizlet is a fun and unique company in a truly exciting phase of its growth.
Some examples of what you will be doing:
- Be a key part of the sales team in achieving revenue goals and consistent year-over-year growth by helping to strategize and optimize all digital advertising campaigns.
- Own and deliver programmatic revenue that is part of the sales plan and revenue targets.
- Implement and deliver campaigns in multiple ad serving environments across multiple formats: display, video and mobile. (including setup, fulfillment, tracking, and reporting).
- Resolve online advertising and fulfillment issues, customer complaints, and conflicts.
- Provide product leadership for all adtech used across our portfolio; work closely with development teams to assist with features requests and continual improvement in operations-based systems for process efficiency; and identify and resolve ad serving issues.
- Manage third-party digital vendor relationships and seek opportunities that will help maximize revenue opportunities for our portfolio; act as a technical contact for third-party vendors; onboard third-party adtech vendors, coordinate implementation with product team and test/validate the implementation. (Third-party adtech includes display, mobile, VAST, VPAID, html5, viewability and brand safety tools.)
- Contribute to the product development process by providing market and account insights.
- Identify upsell opportunities by understanding your client's’ goals and objectives.
- 4+ years experience managing ad ops in fast moving, high quality organizations.
- Very strong knowledge of digital advertising best practices, processes, and technologies, including knowledge in digital ad serving, display ad networks, video ads, mobile ads, IP targeting, and native advertising.
- Extensive knowledge of digital media systems and tools (ie. attribution, tagging, ad verification).
- Expertise with DFP and AdX, and working knowledge of adtech such as: Moat, DMPs, Operative.one, YieldEx, Omniture, Rubicon.
- Great with both numbers and people. In addition to strong analytical skills and, you will be a highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects big and small; while this is a hands-on role in a small company, you will also be a key member of the team building and scaling Quizlet’s business operations over the years ahead.
- Highly proficient in Excel, analytics software, and SQL always a plus.
- High integrity individual who is enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact in the world and on education.
Quizlet's Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
Meet Some of Quizlet's Employees
Founder & CTO
What gets me excited about Quizlet's future is the massive educational impact we can have on the millions of students around the world.
Back to top