Vice President, Global Finance Professional Services Centre Lead
The Vice President, Global Shared Services – Finance will manage the establishment of, and will provide ongoing leadership for, Quintiles’ finance shared services centers (“PSCs”) in Bratislava Slovakia, Bangalore India, Dalian China to complement its existing PSCs in North America and the UK. The VP will actively participate in the change management of accounting processes across the globe. Bratislava is planned to be the global hub of a network of regional PSCs that operate under standard processes and procedures, and utilize Oracle’s PeopleSoft Financial Management ERP software in a single global instance.
The position will require significant process expertise related to shared service center operations. The process streams to be supported will be:
- AP invoice processing, payment processing
- Travel expenses auditing and payment processing
- Accounts receivable maintenance (cash posting)
- Fixed asset accounting
- Intercompany accounting (settling and billing)
- General ledger management
- Financial accounting and monthly close
- VAT accounting and filing of VAT returns
- Statutory accounting and reporting
- Corporation income tax reporting
The position will require extensive and effective communication across functions and with senior financial management, including the Corporate Controller, Chief Financial Officer and financial personnel in our business lines and global operations.
This position will be responsible for the operations of Quintiles’ network of regional Shared Services Centers, including continuous improvement of processes and internal controls as well as contributing to the overall vision for Quintiles’ shared services. This position will require the ability to manage ongoing finance operations while also taking on ad hoc projects.
- Lead the establishment of the shared services centres in Slovakia, India and China including hiring and training staff, implementation of standard business processes and governance for identified processes in-scope as documented in our finance blueprint;
- Actively participate in the transition of finance processes to the PSC
- Exercise fiscal oversight for the PSCs;
- Manage the PSCs in accordance with the established global Shared Services service delivery model, operating model, process framework, and governance while also collaborating with other members of the shared services leadership team relative to our strategy around shared service capabilities and trends.
- Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable legislation. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems.
- Provide directional guidance to management team for all process areas included in the scope of shared services. Integrate finance processes of new acquisitions into the PSC;
- Work closely with teams across the shared services organization and in the business lines to identify and implement opportunities for efficiencies (including the ERP IT team);
- Manage performance to targeted Global Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to align with delivery of desired service level to the business
- Provide Senior Finance Management globally and supported units with regular communication of performance against desired service levels;
- Represent Finance team on key committees as designated by the SVP, Corporate Controller;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with cross-functional management (operations, sales, etc.) and senior finance management;
- High sense of urgency and ability to identify creative solutions to advanced, time sensitive problems by balancing achievement of process objectives with practical considerations;
- Strong customer service focus, with a drive to ensure that we exceed the expectations of our customers;
- High degree of organizational agility, able to handle sensitive issues with prudent discretion across all levels of the organization;
- Strong ability to implement best practices in back office operations; commitment to driving competitive advantage while managing costs, improving quality, and managing risks;
- Commitment to delivering quality results and overcoming obstacles and challenges in a time-sensitive environment;
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple work streams while remaining calm and effective under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance; CPA or Chartered Accountant certification or other similar qualification preferred;
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience, including 6-10 years of experience in global shared service center leadership role;
- Knowledge of financial systems and reporting tools (experience with PeopleSoft a plus);
- Services industry, CRO or Pharmaceutical experience a plus;
- International travel of 10% to 25%.
Back to top