Translational R&D Scientist
Launched in 2015, Q2 Solutions is a leading global clinical trials laboratory services organization. We help biopharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics customers improve human health through innovation that transforms science and data into actionable medical insights. Q2 Solutions is a quality driven, responsive partner with strong global experience and deep scientific and medical expertise. The Q2 Solutions joint venture was formed by Quintiles and Quest Diagnostics, combining the best of each parent organizations clinical trials laboratory services capabilities.
Manager, Assay Development
Q2 Solutions – EA Genomics, a Quintiles Quest Joint Venture, is a premier genomics services organization, excelling in implementing technologies and services to accelerate research in complex human diseases, their diagnosis and personalized treatment.
Recent advances in sequencing technologies have resulted in enormous improvements in sequencing throughput, facilitating the development of entirely new RNA/DNA sequencing applications. EA Genomics uses state-of-the-art high-throughput sequencing and computing systems to transform ideas into tangible solutions for our research partners at biopharma and other organizations.
We provide complete solutions by melding our technologies and products with deep scientific expertise and a customer-centric focus. Our laboratory and bioinformatics consulting services yield data, assays and solutions of the highest-quality to support contemporary data-intensive genomic studies. Our growing assay development and esoteric testing team is seeking an additional PhD-level scientist or other qualified individual who is trained in genetics and molecular biology, and interested in a worthwhile professional challenge.
If you have experience in contemporary molecular biology assay development and testing to support clinical applications, inquire about joining our team.
Design, execute, and coordinate scientific research and development projects, in collaboration with others, that are critical to corporate strategies and directions; to investigate the feasibility of applying a variety of scientific principles, concepts, and technologies to projects and services; and to successfully execute assay development projects in support of pharmaceutical and other sponsors. Position requires knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories in genomics, a broad knowledge of scientific techniques and platforms, a significant degree of independence, and a capacity to supervise development scientists with diverse capabilities. This position will be responsible for individual development projects, as well as managing a team of assay development scientists with similar goals.
- Provides scientific guidance, training and mentorship to lower lever and new staff, directly supervise other scientists and be responsible for conducting periodic reviews, end of year assessments, review of laboratory notebooks/documentation for GCP compliance, and other management duties as applicable.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency, scientific creativity and independent thought. Develop new and existing experimental techniques including the design and execution of validation protocols and reports, as necessary.
- Serve as a consultant to internal departments or external sponsors/clients. This includes technical support and consultative project design and scoping through teleconferences, face-to-face meetings, and other mechanisms.
- Execute scientific experiments and develop new methods with minimal supervision, including accountability for devising short and long-term project goals, creating and adhering to timelines and budgets, and developing trouble-shooting strategies to address setbacks.
- Responsible for proposal development and project scoping in support of internal and external projects, for maintaining projects within scope, and for addressing scope changes with the client and with business development.
- Maintain scientific awareness of developments in genomics based on current literature, application of new technologies, attendance at professional meetings, etc. Represent EA Genomics and Q Squared Solutions by judicious development of professional relationships.
- Contribute to scientific literature, documentation and conferences through the preparation of peer-reviewed manuscripts, including the writing and/or creation of abstracts, peer-reviewed journal articles, poster presentations, and content to support marketing materials.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of human cellular or molecular biology and experimental techniques as it pertains to cancer and other human diseases.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, as well as experience in bio-statistical software as needed.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to directly interact with both internal/external clients. Must have the ability to think creatively and communicate scientific methods and principles to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to effectively navigate on-line biological databases including NCBI (e.g. PubMed, Entrez, etc.), EMBL, Sanger, etc.
- Good coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent time management skills as well as the ability to prioritize and level set expectations surrounding development projects and timelines
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills and strong presentation skills
- Ability to write scientific and technical documents for internal and external communications relying heavily on attention to detail including, but not limited to, proposal development, price models, assay descriptions, etc.
- Ability to effectively execute multiple tasks or projects
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, and clients
- Ability to maintain a high degree of independence with moderate direction needed to complete assigned tasks and projects
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD Degree or educational equivalent in cell biology, molecular biology, cancer biology, pharmacology or related field with 8 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top