***Strategic Sourcer - office based in Bratislava***
Identify opportunities from vendor expenditure, under supervision instigate and lead purchasing processes to realise benefits. Ensure adherence to the Quintiles Transnational corprorate purchasing policy which encourages vendor competition.
- Extract spend data from accounts payable or other databases and create spend reports in various formats.
- Extract spend files from vendors to create baselines spend for key purchasing categories.
- Work with functional stakeholders to identify requirements, establish the purchasing process steps and timetable for completion of the project.
- Identify and manage key team members for purchasing processes, obtain support from stakeholders and create requirements for purchasing exercises.
- Benchmark and validate opportunities by Requests for Information, prepare and issue competitive Requests for Proposals.
- May act as contact point for local site purchasing activity and provide support with purchasing activity as necessary.
- Design vendor management programs, collect and monitor Quintiles data as input to the vendor performance reporting and prepare vendor performance scores for internal distribution.
- Create and implement on-line auctions using eAuction technology.
- Train other staff in the use of the eAuction technology.
- Ensure purchase orders comply with contract terms and work to improve the efficiency of the purchase to pay process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of purchasing methodologies, principles, theories, processes and practices including eAuction technology.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of eAuction technology.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills.
- Ability to identify financial issues and execute mitigating actions.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years’ experience of which two should be in purchasing, supply chain management, materials management, or procurement; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
Back to top