Sr Trainer/Training Manager, GFR – United States or Europe
The following activities are in the context of a specific customer partnership within Global Functional Resourcing (GFR):
Perform day-to-day delivery, administration and interpretation of learning programs according to established policies and procedures. Support the continuous improvement of the training function through development and implementation of Learning and Development programs targeting the needs of the customer partnership. Provide expertise, support and advice to employees and management teams locally, regionally and globally. Serve on task forces and share best practices.
- Prepare course materials for training sessions.
- Develop, update and/or conduct training programs for employees or through assigned vendors.
- Where L&D function dictates, consult with business units or work groups and perform assessments around specific business performance-related issues, propose solutions and bring the resources of the Learning & Development/Human Resources community together to resolve.
- Develop effective team relationships with HR specialist functions/Centers of Excellence, e.g., HR Generalist, Compensation, Staffing, HR PSC, Finance PSC.
- Develop effective team relationships with other L&D functional areas, to enhance synergy for a comprehensive educational process.
- Conduct course evaluations and make suggestions to training line management or proper L&D functional area on continuous improvement.
- Provide career and development consultation to employees.
- Work closely with training administrators to ensure Learning Management System actions are regularly updated.
- Develop recommendations and solutions for training issues independently.
- Identify and make recommendations for the learning program and process improvements.
- Develop and maintain a network of professional training contacts.
- Maintain and keep current on developments and trends in the training field. May gather information of local competitor practices.
- Serve on task forces, as required.
- Attend project reviews or other important context meetings.
All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
- Office or Home-based Potential
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good knowledge of organizational development principles and methods
- Strong interpersonal, project management, organizational and leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Good coaching and counseling skills
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Good listening and diagnostic skills
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications and HRIS applications
- Good attention to detail
- High degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to work within a matrix team environment
- Ability to lead, guide and motivate staff to achieve desired results
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or educational equivalent
- 3 years of appropriate contextual Global Functional Resourcing and/or training experience
- Prior monitoring experience preferred
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time
- Required to travel
Back to top