Sr Site Support Engineer
Quintiles is looking for an application support engineer to join our production support team. In this role, you will be responsible for tier 2 application support, troubleshooting, operations support and application troubleshooting.
- Responsible to support the end users using the Registry of the Future with tier 2 support. In addition, the application support engineer will be expected to interface with business and development teams to improve technical operation of the platform and provide application support in a 24×7 environment.
- Recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties and recommend system modifications to reduce user problems.
- Responsible for meeting specified service level standards
- Escalate more complex problems to appropriate level of management and provide information on problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding target dates
- Delegate IT support tasks, provide training and advice to more junior team members.
- Develop and maintain technical support documentation and training materials and assist in the development of standard operating procedures
- Adhere to established IT policies, procedures and standards and ensure conformance with information systems goals and procedures.
- Participate on global and regional project teams.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the day-to-day operating environment, available tools, and client applications.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Service Desk and IT Operations procedures related to client services
- Research, implement, and maintain support technologies.
- Perform other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Successful support of a J2EE enterprise application
- Supported web services base on REST and/or SOAP
- Simply Query Language (SQL).
- “Behind the curtain” thinker, able to associate application errors and behavior with infrastructure components. Knows the difference between an application bug versus infrastructure.
- Able to reproduce problems/issues and document defects and bugs.
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Able to read and interpret specs in order to identify root cause
- Ability to map information into a concise report for data submission
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to work with end-users in a challenging environment.
- Working knowledge of industry standards with regards to system and network administration.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of experience in a support role.
- Recent experience working in a J2EE environment with a relational database backend.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a customer-facing environment, either SaaS or Internet.
- Demonstrated understanding of network concepts such as routing, switching, load balancing, firewalls, etc.
- Exposure to relational databases and SQL, preferably Oracle.
- Linux CLI experience a plus.
- ITIL certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; with 5 years’ experience of PC software (Microsoft operating systems and applications suites, email systems, etc.) within a network environment or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top