Sr. Medical Director, Cardiology--Therapeutic Strategy, US or UK
Sr. Medical Director, Cardiology, Medical Strategy and Science
At QuintilesIMS we help healthcare and biopharma companies improve their probability of success. We do this by connecting our scientific, therapeutic and analytics expertise with superior delivery. From advisory through operations, QuintilesIMS and its affiliate companies is the world’s largest provider of product development and integrated healthcare services. As one of FORTUNE’s ‘Most Admired Companies’ in 2016, we offer great opportunities for a career in world-leading clinical research. Our global projects, innovative tools and industry leading customers combined with outstanding support from our leadership team and clear career mapping allows you to make a difference in patient health.
This will role will have high visibility both internally and externally.
We are looking for candidates that have a strong background in clinical practice, academia, or regulatory agency expertise. This role requires understanding of Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology Industry, Competitive Commercial Landscape, Healthcare Systems and Payers; ideal candidates will be actively engaged in industry developments: professional meetings/scientific congresses, advisory boards, authorship in peer reviewed related publications, abstracts, posters and podium presentations at industry and scientific meetings.
This role will have a strong focus on strategic business development and growth in Cardiology:
- Leverage professional network to cultivate new clients and new business opportunities
- Provides expert consultation and supports the due diligence research of select compounds and/or companies
- Customer facing during RFP, Bid Defenses, and other client interactions
- Build/Refine RFP/BD best practices
- Provides strategic guidance for optimal study recruitment and execution (guiding feasibility, develop a country and site strategy)
- Develop/mentor medical advisors to build capacity and competencies
A medical degree from an accredited and internationally recognized medical school with a curriculum relevant to general medical education, along with a medical license, or equivalent, from the country or region in which he/she resides and works is required, plus a minimum of 5 years experience in clinical medicine, in addition to 8 years clinical development experience in the Pharma, CRO, or Biotech industry. Specialty Board certification desirable; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and local regulations and guidelines pertaining to clinical research including knowledge of regulations and guidelines pertaining to regulatory affairs.
- Ability to establish and meet priorities, deadlines, strategic department goals and objectives.
- Skills in providing consultation and advice on multiple assignments required, as well as initiative and flexibility.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Leadership, Teamwork, Customer Focus
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top