Design, execute, and coordinate scientific research and development projects, in collaboration with others, that are critical to corporate strategies and directions; to investigate the feasibility of applying a variety of scientific principles, concepts, and technologies to projects and services; and to successfully execute the development, qualification and/or validation of bioanalytical assays. Position requires advanced knowledge of state-of-the-art principles, theories and methodologies in serology and/or virology.
1. Manage the success development, optimization, qualification and/or validation of bioanalytical assays for vaccine-related clinical trials.
2. Writing of protocols, reports and standard operating procedures.
3. Maintain scientific awareness of overall developments in the fields of serology and virology based on current literature, application of new technologies, attendance at professional meetings, etc.
4. Demonstrate technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and independent thought
5. Support the maintenance and operational standards of laboratory equipment. Significantly involved in the evaluation and validation of new laboratory instruments including IQ/OQ/PQ documentation.
6. Execute scientific experiments and methods relying only on high-level direction including devising short and long-term project goals and trouble-shooting strategies
7. May represent the organization as prime technical contact on contracts or projects requiring coordination across organizational lines
8. Provide intra/inter-group scientific leadership and training
9. Provide project updates/reports of deliverables, as requested
10. Ensure quality and timely delivery of deliverables to clients
11. Provide scientific guidance, training and mentorship to lower lever and new staff
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Advanced knowledge of serological and/or virological techniques, including ELISA, EIA, Luminex-based assays, viral culture and/or neutralization assays.
2. Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel (including statistical analysis of data), PowerPoint and Word.
3. Good coaching and mentoring skills
4. Good problem solving and analytical skills
5. Effective organizational and interpersonal skills
6. Effective communication skills and strong presentation skills
7. Ability to write scientific and technical documents for internal and external communications relying heavily on attention to detail
8. Ability to coordinate multiple research and development efforts and ensure they are performed in a quality manner
9. Ability to deliver time-sensitive reports and results consistently and accurately
10. Ability to effectively manage and execute multiple tasks or projects
11. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, and clients
12. Ability to maintain a high degree of independence with little to no direction needed to complete assigned tasks and projects
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree or educational equivalent in virology, cell biology, molecular biology or related field with 6 years relevant experience; preference will be given to candidates with a Ph.D.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top