Senior Medical Director - Medical Ethics and Research, and India Chief Medical Officer
Addresses medical-ethical and scientific integrity issues in India, and represents Quintiles’ medical perspective in India. Manages the processing of global medical ethical and scientific integrity issues escalated to the office of the Chief Medical and Scientific Officer with responsibility for the scalability, sustainability and integrity of the Medical Ethics Escalation database.
- Manages assessments of medical ethical issues in conjunction with CMSO including strategic medical-ethical issues arising in India and Asia
- Provides medical expertise in assessing medical and scientific issues for Quintiles, particularly in India
- Oversees the management of the Medical Ethics database for tracking of global escalations, development of leading quality indicators of these escalations and deriving insights based on data coming from escalations
- Refines global medical ethical framework to address emerging ethical issues
- Implements medical ethics training program for global medical and scientific community
- Serves on or leads cross functional teams to address clinically-related issues in India
- Assists in Business Development activities in India
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated experience in continuous quality improvement including comfort analyzing data and drawing actionable insights from analysis.
- Knowledge of multiple therapeutic areas and clinical development, especially early clinical development; intellectually curious, and data-driven
- Knowledge about medical ethics
- Experience working in developing regions
- Verbal and written fluency in English
- Skills: medical literature review, and interpretation of primary publications; organization and planning; ability to present topics in rationale and easily understood, data-driven manner; excellent verbal and written communication; expertise with Excel spreadsheet, PowerPoint , MS Word, and e-mail; experience working in a global structure
- Abilities: Balances and self-prioritize multiple activities; interacts with both internal colleagues and external customers in a highly professional manner
- Analytic; data-driven decision-making
- Comfortable speaking to an audience with a prepared script or spontaneously
- Able to re-prioritizes tasks based on business needs; functions well in a dynamic environment; adaptable to global working environment; effective educator
- Able to effectively plan, and to execute according to plan; able to complete projects on-time and on-schedule
- Behaviors: Self-motivated; responsive to internal and external customers; dedicated to producing high-quality output; no history of imposed limitation of medical license or ethical lapses; high degree of ethical behavior; highly professional demeanor; equanimity; accepts constructive feedback
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients; adaptable to multi-cultural working environments
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Medical degree or equivalent, and successful completion of specialty post-graduate clinical training involving direct patient care
- At least 5-years of industry experience
- At least 3-years of working in a matrix environment with direct accountability for clinical development activities
- At least 3-years of working in a global team within Quintiles
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in areas without direct management oversight; effectively influences without direct authority
- Based in India
The bullets listed below are examples of typical physical requirements for many jobs. Please remove or add requirements as necessary.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
- Will require domestic and international travel.
Back to top