Senior Director, Purchasing
Oversee and direct aspects of Purchasing initiatives either regionally or globally and across different business functions to realize benefits. Ensure the department adheres to the Q2 Solutions corporate purchasing policy which encourages vendor competition. Act as the broker of services between parent companies of Quintiles and Quest.
- Manage procurement and purchasing in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable legislation. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters, including salary administration.
- Collaborate with senior management in both the JV and with parent companies to improve efficiencies for purchasing. Continually look for process improvement, seeking new ideas and ensuring open communication with staff. May participate in or lead corporate or departmental quality or process improvement initiatives.
- Contribute to discussions on implementation of purchasing strategy on a regional basis and implement objectives as appropriate. Ensure staff have a consistent understanding and positive impression of business strategy for regional and global objectives. Lead strategic initiatives and develop implementation plans.
- Full financial responsibility and accountability for team(s); responsible for monitoring growth and performance.
- Provide leadership and management of purchasing projects from conception through deployment. Establish project budgets, resource plans, milestones, tracking metrics, and success measures.
- Extract spend data from accounts payable or other databases and prepare spend analysis by category in various formats to highlight potential opportunities.
- Extract spend files from vendors to create baselines spend for key purchasing categories.
- Identify purchasing programs where change will impact the business, develop implementation plans, lead change teams and regularly liaise with senior management.
- Identify and agree with key stakeholders purchasing team membership, purchasing process steps and timetable and ensure stakeholder interests are adequately represented on the team.
- Prepare and present purchasing recommendations to management and stakeholders.
- Benchmark and validate opportunities by Requests for Information, and prepare and issue competitive Requests for Proposals.
- Manage and build relationships with internal stakeholder and senior management to identify purchasing opportunities and programs from business plans.
- Create purchasing plans, priorities, change programs and vendor management programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of purchasing methodologies, principles, theories, processes and practices.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications.
Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead, influence and motivate others.
- Management of others
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree with 15 years’ experience which should include ten in strategic purchasing, supply chain management, materials management, or procurement, including previous line management experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
- Occasional travel.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top