Senior Database Programmer (EDC - Contract) - Novella Clinical
Novella Clinical is looking for a Sr. EDC Programmer to join our growing team for a contract position. Candidate must be located in the Raleigh/Durham, NC area as this is an office-based position. Candidate will program and test Electronic Data Capture (EDC) systems for the purpose of conducting clinical trials. Coordinate tasks and resource allocation for a given project under the supervision of a Principal EDC Programmer or the Manager of Project Programming.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with a Principal EDC Programmer or the Manager of Project Programming to coordinate programming group tasks and resources during EDC system development
- Maintain the Programming Master Plan for any assigned projects
- Maintain and administer the source code repository for any assigned projects
- Work with a Principal EDC Programmer or the Manager of Project Programming to insure that budget constraints are being adhered to for any assigned projects
- Work with Data Management resources to design EDC systems that are user-friendly and adhere to departmental standards & best practices
- Mentor other Programming and Data Operations staff members, and provide code reviews as needed for other team members
- Investigate potential system bugs, recommend solutions as appropriate, and provide documentation to management and project teams as needed
- Perform same duties as described for EDC Programmer
- Knowledge of clinical research process and methodology.
- Understanding of current GCP, ICH, and FDA guidelines and regulations applicable to conduct of clinical research.
- Ability to help supervise resources and plan long-range tasks for EDC development.
- Ability to train other project programming staff as needed.
- Ability to manage software releases and report software issues to EDC vendor.
- Ability to program electronic case report forms (eCRF’s) and edit checks within an EDC system.
- Experience using Visual Basic / VB Script, SQL (preferably Oracle), HTML, and XML.
- Ability to work creatively and independently to carry out assignments of a complex nature.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively and cooperatively with other professional staff members.
- Ability to learn new programming languages, technology, and tools that will facilitate the clinical trial process.
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
- BS in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in programming; or Associate’s in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 6 years of work experience in programming; or high school diploma (or equivalent) with 7 years of work experience in programming; or equivalent combination of experience and knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top