Scientific Advisor, Oncology (Marietta, GA)
To co-ordinate technical and scientific support efforts for Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific and China Labs in conjunction with Scientific Support Team (SST). Provide timely consultation to internal personnel regarding scientific and technical information as well as laboratory or other data/information analysis in the context of oncology clinical studies. Provide scientific and technical support to the Global Sales and Marketing group in support of sales and marketing activities.
- Work closely with the Scientific Affairs team to advise on the most appropriate set of biomarkers, methodologies, and/or platforms that may be suggested to the sponsor in view of the study goal and design, in the context of putting together an added value proposal at the time of budget submission or shortly afterwards related to Oncology clinical trial studies and testing. This step may involve web-based literature search as well as making contacts with appropriate academic centers, and/or parent companies Quintiles CRO Therapeutic Area and Quest Disease Franchises subject matter experts as required.
- Perform research, benchmarking and comparative analyses to nurture innovation and review for new technologies/assays to support Scientific Affairs and Translational Science for potential assay development.
- Liaise with key laboratory operations experts as necessary to discuss implementation and execution of assays/technologies/protocols.
- Utilize sound knowledge and understanding of Q2 Solutions internal processes, practices and capabilities.
- When required, investigate third party laboratories for esoteric testing that cannot be managed by Q2 Solutions.
- Provide scientific/technical support for bid defense prep meetings and capability presentations for oncology trials.
- Preparing scientific material including white papers, training documents regarding Q2 Solutions oncology laboratory testing services.
- Help position the most scientifically sound approach/proposal forward to bid team for requests for information (RFIs), requests for proposals (RFPs), and other queries related to Oncology clinical trials.
- Build upon existing relationship with Quintiles clinical colleagues, by serving as scientific/biomarker/technical experts for full-service proposals, bid defense, RFIs, etc. related to Oncology clinical trials.
- Integration and frequent interactions with other parent companies functional business units (such as Quintiles.—Novella – Quest) Centers Of Excellence (COEs), Disease Franchises, Therapeutic Area subject matter experts
- Providing training on specific Oncology therapeutic areas to Project Management.
- Participate in and develop initiatives based on Oncology subject-matter expertise to further educate colleagues throughout the organization on lab/use of biomarkers in clinical trials, e.g. Internal Scientific forums on specific oncology indications or technical areas related to Oncology Clinical Trials.
- Provide scientific support for existing clients (TC/ face-to-face client/ bid defence meetings/capability presentations) with regard to biomarkers testing applied to Oncology trials. This includes literature review, biomarker strategies, technology recommendation, and discussion of best-approach for client needs.
- Work with respective groups (e.g. Marketing, Strategy) to create scientific client-facing material (e.g. slide decks, webinars, spec sheets, newsletters, web content, etc.) and represent Q2 Solutions at conferences and other events related to Oncology Clinical Trials.
- Coordinate and/or participate in integrated discussions with scientific team(s), including distribution of relevant technical or scientific information (e.g. articles, reviews, bulletins).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Possess a general knowledge of clinical laboratory regulations, ICH and GxP guidelines.
- Possess effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Must be open to travelling
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.Sc. diploma is a minimal requirement with a minimum of 15 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or clinical trial environment including experience with oncology therapeutic are and all areas of the clinical laboratory testing including new assay development, or other comparable combination of education, training and experience.
- Ph.D. diploma is an asset.
- Management experience is required.
- Position requires extensive use of the telephone and face-to-face communications, which requires the accurate perception of speech.
- Must be able to work efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Position also requires keyboarding involving repetitive motions with fingers and sitting for long periods of time.
- Position can require travelling to meet customers for bid defense.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top