Research Assistant - Epidemiology and Outcomes Research
Supports the preparation scientific study documents (protocols, analysis plans, clinical study reports, analysis results and publications), or other documents for either internal Quintiles customers or external clients by providing quality control review and providing general assistance with document compilation.
- Perform quality control review of scientific study documents to ensure accuracy and internal consistency according to Quintiles SOPs
- Take responsibility for on-time delivery of QC review
- Assists development of scientific study documents: checking document edits, checking documents for consistency, adapting generic document shells to project specifications, assisting with document compilation, and entering numbers into in-text tables.
- May assist with literature reviews and written summaries.
- May assist in writing scientific study documents, and executing research projects.
- May address technical issues with documents and applications and offer assistance to staff.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent standard of written English, and ability to communicate fluently and effectively in English, both in writing and verbally
- Ability to understand scientific/medical documents and identify deficiencies, errors and inconsistencies
- Must be computer literate, proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients in a global and matrixed environment Methodological training in epidemiology, outcomes research, health economics, or related area relevant to observational health research
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters Degree in public health, epidemiology, outcomes research, health economics or a relevant scientific field preferred.
Back to top