***Real World and Late Phase - Biostatisticians/Statistical Scientist based Reading UK, Madrid, Barcelona or France***
Quintiles (NYSE: Q) is the world’s largest provider of biopharmaceutical development and commercial outsourcing services with a network of more than 34,000 employees conducting business in approximately 100 countries. We helped develop or commercialize 98 of the Top top-100 best-selling drugs on the market.
Quintiles applies the breadth and depth of our service offerings along with extensive therapeutic, scientific and analytics expertise to help our customers navigate an increasingly complex healthcare environment as they seek to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of better healthcare outcomes. In Quintiles you will closely collaborate with an experienced and dedicated team of Biostatisticians, Epidemiologists, Data Managers and Programmers.
We are the industry leader in doing Real-World and Late Phase Research (RWLPR). Our people are dedicated, knowledgeable and collaborative, and the experience working in RWLPR and Quintiles is very enjoyable and rewarding.
For our Late Phase department, we are looking for Biostatisticians to be based in UK, Spain or France.
The role will include:
Contribute to protocols development, review case report forms (CRFs), and develop analysis plans. Write specifications for tables and analysis files. Communicate with clients regarding study protocol or statistical analysis issues as they arise. Interpret analyses and write statistical sections of study reports.
- Contribute to protocol development through sample size calculation and statistical sections.
- Provide statistical input into and review of statistical deliverables (i.e. analysis plans, table shells, programming and table specifications, data review, tables, listings, figures and statistical sections for integrated reports) and data management deliverables (i.e. database design, validation checks and critical data).
- Contribute to business development in collaboration with other colleagues with Quintiles.
- Manage customer relationships.
- For senior roles, in addition to the above responsibilities:
- Provide training and guidance to lower level and new staff
- Fulfill the Lead role for a group of studies or integrated summaries.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including grammatical/technical writing skills
- Excellent attention and accuracy with details
- Familiarity with moderately complex and some complex statistical methods that apply to late phase studies
- Strong individual initiative
- Good working knowledge of SAS computing package: is an asset
- Strong commitment to quality
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Ideally we are looking for candidates with PhD in biostatistics or related field and 3 years relevant experience; Master’s degree in biostatistics or related field and 5 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Candidates with large CRO experience who do not meet all the above criteria may be considered.
Within Quintiles, the Real-World & Late Phase Research (RWLPR) business unit employs over 1,000 dedicated staff to design, implement and manage real-world and post-marketing studies. As healthcare stakeholders increasingly need evidence to support regulatory, reimbursement and prescribing decisions, the Quintiles RWLPR team offers a comprehensive evidence approach to meet our customer’s unique needs for demonstrating safety, effectiveness and quality.
Back to top