Project Finance Analyst- APAC
At QuintilesIMS we help healthcare and biopharma companies improve their probability of success. We do this by connecting our scientific, therapeutic and analytics expertise with superior delivery. From advisory through operations, Quintiles and its affiliate companies is the world’s largest provider of product development and integrated healthcare services.
As one of FORTUNE’s ‘Most Admired Companies’ in 2016, we offer great opportunities for a career in world-leading clinical research. Our global projects, innovative tools and industry leading customers combined with outstanding support from our leadership team and clear career mapping allows you to make a difference in patient health.
Provide project financial support and direction to project managers, ensuring project financials are properly monitored and managed throughout the life of the study.
- Conduct monthly review and analysis of assigned projects to determine if there are any budgetary risks. Review actual revenue performance against projections and communicate variances.
- Prepare a monthly/quarterly report providing a status update on the following key areas: actual revenue vs. budget, over budget activity, unbilled transactions, accounts receivable, and budget revisions/change orders.
- Coordinate with other members of the global finance team on PeopleSoft specific actions required to address risks/challenges uncovered in the review of project finances.
- Provide appropriate training and support to Project Managers to ensure they have a clear understanding of the project’s financial position and clearly communicate the status to the client.
- Support Project Managers with financial related customer requests/queries.
- Ensure budget reviews are completed in a timely manner. Natural time points for raising revisions requests are: financial handover, completion of enrolment, protocol amendments, and 50% complete (activity and/or budget amount).
- Review budget revisions before they are sent to clients to ensure they look reasonable, capture all unbilled items and the budget is sufficient until the predicted end of the study.
- Review/Analyze global backlog phasing monthly to ensure any material changes are captured. Confirm the current years backlog phasing is reasonable.
- Support any ad hoc requests as requested.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of revenue recognition, variance analysis, cash flow management, and project revenue forecasting
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Project preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (intermediate-level Excel skills)
- Technical accounting skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify financial issues and execute mitigating actions
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years accounting or project finance experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
If you want to make an impact in a global market, where we are working to make a real difference to patient health, then apply now. You could be the difference.
Back to top