PRN Research Nurse , Phase I Clinical Research - Overland Park , KS
In Quintiles’ Phase I Clinic, research studies are conducted each year that identify the medicines that will help people live happier and healthier lives. The medical professional who provides care and support for study volunteers are at the forefront of drug development. It’s work worth doing. We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Research Nurse to work in our Phase I Clinic. Three twelve hour day shifts with some weekends and holidays.
In this position you will work with the Principle Investigator and Study Team to prepare and implement study protocols in the clinic. Responsible for planning, organization, training, and implementation of the protocol required procedures. Additional responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and participate in clinical research studies conducted by a supervising investigator to ensure that data collected on study volunteers adhere to study protocol; may assist in screening volunteers for inclusion in study based on pre-determined criteria.
- Administer investigational drug to volunteers according to study protocol.
- Confer with volunteers to explain purpose of study and obtain informed consent forms; explain procedures and practical issues such as timelines for visits and restrictions on food and drink.
- Record volunteer clinical data in case report forms (CRFs). Collaborate closely with study investigator informing on relevant adverse events and serious adverse events according to procedures outlined in the protocol.
- Review CRFs; evaluate and interpret collected data and prepare protocol summary forms, statistical reports and analyses documenting progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Cooperate with study monitor and reserve sufficient time for questions during monitoring
- Bachelor’s degree or educational equivalent in Nursing and 1 year relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Kansas state licensure as an RN
- Telemetry experience preferred
- Excellent skill in attention to detail, planning and organization
- Experience in training staff members a plus
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top