Oracle Developer (Cambridge, MA or Home-based)
To provide database development and production support for healthcare related studies.
- Participate in the transfer, collection, validation, and integration of data from external data partners to Quintiles internal database.
- Using SQL and PL/SQL, transform data to create analytic data sets required by biostatistician team.
- Modify and debug existing Oracle packages, functions, and stored procedures
- Work with study teams to develop and implement strategy for data collection and integration
- Provide ongoing support for biostatisticians and other data users
- Develop specifications and other documentation as needed
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience with Oracle SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience with UNIX or Linux command line interface
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Organized and able to work on multiple tasks
- Some experience with any of the following is helpful: shell scripting, SFTP, Oracle SQL Loader, Microsoft SQL Server, healthcare related reference data, OLAP and/or data warehousing
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience with Oracle SQL and PL/SQL
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with diverse teams including biostatisticians, epidemiologists, software engineers, systems administrators, and project managers
- Experience with healthcare research or informatics preferred
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top