Multiple Sclerosis Nurse Educator, Richmond VA - VHA33120
Quintiles is a leading commercial solutions provider that offers service solutions designed to accelerate the success of pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device products. Since 1997, Quintiles has built more than 40 Health Management Services teams, and hired more than 800 clinicians. Quintiles Health Management Services is redefining how pharmaceutical and biotech companies can provide caregivers with programs that benefit patients. Our Clinical Educators interact with health care professionals to improve treatment adoption in a variety of disease states that are frequently under-diagnosed, misdiagnosed, or under-treated.
The Clinical Educator will provide focused home-based patient education regarding treatment of Multiple Sclerosis. Also provides specialized education and training to home health care agencies, physicians, nursing and office staff within a defined geographic region. Conduct training presentations to Multiple Sclerosis support groups regarding treatment of the disease. Occasional travel overnight for meeting attendance required. This is a full time, field-based position.
Quintiles offers a friendly, progressive work atmosphere and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance and vision coverage, tuition assistance, bonus plan and 401(k).
We look forward to the prospect of working with you!
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Required
- Minimum 5 Years Clinical Experience
- Experience with injectable medications and/or chronic illness
- 2 years MS experience preferred.
- Current nursing license in good standing.
- Experience in delivering service solution desirable
- Teaching/training experience recommended
- Home health care experience helpful
- Valid driver’s license
- Demonstrates ability in the following:
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Excellent presentation skills, formal and informal, large and small groups.
- Written and verbal communication stills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Effective use of technology and computer-based software and documentation systems
- Able to:
- Live within and travel to meet geographical demands of territory
- Manage multiple tasks
- Assimilate new information
- Adapt to a variety of clinical settings (academic, private office, community, and patient home)
- The ideal candidate is:
- Self-motivated, reliable and can function independently within a team.
- Demonstrates both personal and professional accountability.
- Has an enthusiastic, positive attitude, and the ability to motivate others
Back to top