Medical Science Liaison
At Quintiles we help healthcare and biopharma companies improve their probability of success. We do this by connecting our scientific, therapeutic and analytics expertise with superior delivery. From advisory through operations, Quintiles and its affiliate companies is now the world’s largest provider of product development and integrated healthcare services.
One of FORTUNE’s ‘Most Admired Companies’, we offer unparalleled scope for a career in world-leading clinical research. Global projects, innovative tools and industry leading customers combine with outstanding support and clear career management which allows you to make a difference and to connect with great opportunities.
Medical Science Liaison
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) position at Quintiles in the Asia Pacific offers people with strong qualifications and proven experience in Pharmacy, Medical Science or Medicine to demonstrate their well-developed clinical knowledge to support the effective use of innovative medicines and new clinical therapies. Quintiles MSLs will work with some of the most innovative MNCs in Asia Pacific, while at the same time, enjoying the benefits of working for, and the support of, a company internationally renowned for being a great place to work and a leader in delivering on the promise of The New Health.
The Medical Science Liaison functions as a field-based member of the Medical Department. MSLs are scientifically trained professionals with a strong clinical and scientific background. MSLs are expected to facilitate and enhance the development and recognition of company products through communicating product related scientific information to Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in the specific therapeutic are or device segment they are supporting. Meanwhile, MSL are expected to provide strong scientific intelligence and supporting to internal customers e.g. the sales, MKT and central MED etc.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify, renew, cultivate and maintain professional relationships with local/regional KOLs
- Engage in peer-to-peer scientific exchange with ability to understand, interpret, communicate complex scientific data and information effectively to KOLs/HCPs
- Maintain cross-functional collaboration with internal teams: Marketing, Sales, Regulatory, Legal, etc.
- Contribute to publication planning, development of medical education material, internal scientific training to sales force, etc.
- Deliver medical presentations to diverse audiences effectively, including Physicians, Pharmacists, nurses, etc.
- Collect and disseminate competitive intelligence from multiple sources
- Has an in depth knowledge of current pharmaceutical industry code of practice for Ethical Conduct the promotion of Medical Products
- The Medical Science Liaison ensures that all Medical Affairs applicable regulations, policies, and procedures are adhered to and in compliance with the country/region he/she is responsible for
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of disease state, clinical information, and product data within assigned therapeutic area
- Influence product reimbursement activities post-launch by getting the drug/device on the Hospital formularies and Essential drug lists according to Country level regulations
- Respond to incoming off-label queries in compliance with health regulations and medical ethics codes
- Candidates with a terminal Clinical/Science degrees e.g. MSc, PhD or MD degree will be considered
- Prior MSL or Field-based Medical experience of 1-2 years preferred
- Effective communicator (written and presentation) with good interpersonal skills and experience of developing and delivering presentations
- Must excel at working independently and in cross-functional teams
- Candidates with a self-starter attitude strongly preferred
If you want to make an impact in the global research market, where we’re working to make a real difference in patient health, we ask you to apply now and join our team
Back to top