Lab Project Services Assistant - San Juan Capistrano, CA
Launched in 2015, Q2 Solutions is a leading global clinical trials laboratory services organization. We help biopharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics customers improve human health through innovation that transforms science and data into actionable medical insights. Q2 Solutions is a quality driven, responsive partner with strong global experience and deep scientific and medical expertise. The Q2 Solutions joint venture was formed by Quintiles and Quest Diagnostics, combining the best of each parent organizations clinical trials laboratory services capabilities.
The primary purpose of a Project Associate is to provide support for the logistics and project
management needs of clinical trials testing. Assist in the day to day operations of the Department. Support compliance to ISO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track, print, and file airbills for outgoing supplies and materials shipments to clients and sites
- Follow up and resolve any courier issues, delayed shipments, missing shipments, etc.
- Coordinate and place new orders and reorders of supplies and materials requested by clients and sites
- Where required, track daily incoming fax alerts advising of specimen shipments and confirm receipt
- Investigate and resolve with clients and sites any missing, conflicting, or inconsistent information
received with specimens during and after the laboratory accessioning process
- Assist with reformatting of custom client manifests required by the laboratory for support of the
specimen accessioning process
- Coordinate with laboratory personnel any specimens required to be returned to clients post testing
- Create and maintain study binders and organize contents/files so all project/study supporting
documentation for logistics and project management is accurate and complete
- Review results for any inconsistent, incomplete, and inaccurate demographic information (i.e. non
testing results) and coordinate any required changes with appropriate laboratory personnel
Assist with distribution and receipt of final contracts and work orders to and from clients
- Communicate directly with clients and sites via email, fax, and telephone as necessary
- Create and/or maintain reports for tracking various project activities and distribute them to
- EX: TAT, Results Files, Accession Reports, Sample Receipt Reports, Site Supply Management
- Assist with developing procedures for laboratory personnel or project management use, and submit
document to Document Control System
- EX: Accessioning Instructions, Documenting Processes, etc.
- Ship requested documents to clients
- EX: Printed Results, QA/QC Summary Result Reports, etc.
- Perform set up of new client accounts in Laboratory Information System (LIS)
- Organize project files for off site storage once a project is complete
- Assist with various client requests as necessary
- Assist in updating client reference sheets as requested
- Create weekly department meeting agenda and provide meeting notes to attendees
- Order lunch for Clinical Trials audits
- Send results to client’s sFTP server, email address, or other designated method as necessary
- Willingness to participate as a team member and exhibit professional behavior at all times
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Responsible for answering the phone in a courteous and responsible manner
- Ability to use proper judgement to transfer technical questions to appropriate personnel
- Demonstrate the ability to properly operate the department phone system
- Thorough knowledge of all assigned menu options in LIS and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
software and related tools (Outlook, Explorer, Excel and Word)
- Responsible for performing assigned tasks in accordance with applicable safety regulations and
instructions, as well as correcting unsafe work habits and practices and/or bringing to the attention of
the Safety Team or a supervisor any practice or condition that may be detrimental to the safety and
health of the employees. You also have a responsibility to cooperate in all safety or health-related
programs and assist in solving safety and health problems. Violations of safety directives and
procedures will be handled in accordance with the established Company disciplinary process.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or a one year minimum related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situation
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is also occasionally required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
OSHA RISK CATEGORY
Category II – Tasks which may encounter potential exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues or virus cultures.
- CLIA Responsibilities Attached Yes No
- Job Description Addendum Yes No
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top