Head of Japan RWLPR
In this position you will report to the Vice President of Global Head of Real World and Late Phase Research, clinical operations, and be responsible for operational and P&L delivery within the Japan region.
Develop plans to ensure the allocation of human, material, system and fiscal resources for assigned area of accountability. Determine strategic goals and objectives for designated region and assures operational alignment with senior management priorities.
Lead regional and functional strategic initiatives and work with senior management across disciplines to develop implementation plans.Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations.
Planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems.
Direct the hiring and selection process for a region/country or office and works collaboratively with senior management to set targets for recruitment and retention across role
Develop standard processes to ensure that staff have the proper materials, systems access and training to complete job responsibilities and oversee the execution of the training plan, SOP review and mentored training experiences for a region or country.
Provide a leadership role in country/region clinical resourcing process through continual evaluation of existing and future resource
alternatives, pro-active planning and collaboration with study team leadership and operational peers.
- Evaluate the quality of the clinical work product for a variety of job roles and/or a specialized job function.
- Evaluate regional workload, quality and budget metrics through regular review and reporting of findings.
- Collaborate with senior management and other functional leadership to improve ef ficiencies, project outcomes and quality metrics for
- Act as a coach and mentor for line managers, who are responsible for site start-up and site management activities.
- Work collaboratively with project leadership, client representatives and other functional leadership to
manage project related challenges and to achieve exemplary customer service.
- Analyze and review budgets for studies within region. Pro-actively plans for appropriate operations budget consumption and guides
line managers and project leads in managing variances and in developing corrective fiscal action plans.
- Conduct Project Reviews and participates in Project Management Review according to regional guidelines
- Life Science Background or related field
- Combined minimum of 10-12 years’ experience (post graduate studies, training, experience)
- Written and Spoken English
- Very good understanding of the Japan health and drug environments and associated regulations
- Very good understanding of the Japan pharmaceutical industry including Medical Affairs/Epidemiology/HEOR/Commercial departments
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills (including presentations at conferences)
- Project Management Expertise (clinical study/trial OR Health related projects)
- Line Management
Preferable skills and experience:
- CRO or Consultancy experience
- Foreign experience (studies and/or work abroad)
- Real World Experience (research, consultancy, data analytics, academia) in Japan and/or Late Phase Experience (research) in Japan.
- Strong Business acumen (P&L, Resource Management etc)
Back to top