General Ledger Associate - 1 year FTC role based in Livingston
- Bank Reconciliation across a number of UK PSC supported sites with a mixture of Base and Foreign currencies.
- Asset Module processing via an automated PeopleSoft Financial system.
- Balance Sheet responsibility for Prepayment and Accrual accounts and posting journal entries accordingly.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation preparation on a monthly basis.
- Adhoc General Ledger tasks.
- Develop, implement and maintain instructions and procedures for functional roles.
- Prepare and process journal entries; maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Provide records of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions.
- Prepare profit and loss, income and balance sheet statements. Maintain inter-company accounting records and reconciliations.
- Prepare ad hoc reports for internal and inter-departmental use.
- Provide records and reports for managers.
- Assist in preparation of reports and analysis for use in the annual external audit.
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with all accounting regulations and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Perform special projects as needed.
- Make suggestions for improvements to existing processes and systems.
- May assist with preparing monthly bank account reconciliations.
- May assist with maintaining receipts and disbursement reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Peoplesoft Finance modules.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Technical accounting skills.
- Data analysis and manipulation skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment within procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree or High School diploma with 5 years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
- May require occasional travel.
Back to top