Manage facilities within a specific site, coordinating efforts of internal groups, building management and vendors to ensure efficient facilities operations whilst adhering to the Company’s Policies and Procedures and providing an outstanding level of service.
- Manage and monitor the overall operation of a facility including buildings, grounds, equipment and services ensuring high quality with uninterrupted service.
- Develop, update and implement site specific policies and procedures.
- Approve all facility-related invoices in an accurate and timely manner.
- Implement Health & Safety and environmental policies to meet legal requirements.
- Manage facilities budget for specific site.
- Regularly interface with department heads/Finance/Human Resources to keep up to date on new hires and future space requirements.
- Ensure timely communication to internal customers regarding facilities services, products and information.
- Analyze space needs, procure contracts and oversee work for authorized building modifications.
- Plan and manage interoffice moves, ensuring that requests are in accordance with agreed plans, efficient coordination with IT and that site policies are followed.
- Ensure that Security, Card Access System and visitor processes are followed per the Security Policies and Procedures.
- May manage capital projects, including Capital Allocation Requisition (CAR) preparation, tracking of expenses, permits, inspections, and completion targets.
- Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable legislation. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters, including salary administration.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good managerial, organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated negotiating skills.
- Good MS Office skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree with 7 years facilities experience including 1 year’s line management experience; or equivalent
combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
Back to top