Assist in the production of high-quality medical communication programs and materials for pharmaceutical clients. Handle the editorial progression of jobs from approved copy to print stage, ensuring that optimum communication is achieved through effective use of language and design.
- Edit and proofread copy for a range of educational and promotional items – including printed materials, slide presentations, and digital media projects – to agreed style/specifications, checking content, clarity, accuracy, consistency, syntax, and grammar.
- Handle the progression of assigned projects from approved copy to print stage, keeping team informed of project status, and attending status/priority meetings as required.
- Mark up approved copy for layout/design.
- Liaise with creative designers to develop appropriate design options for all materials.
- Create editorial/studio project trackers, ensuring all relevant information is included, and liaise with designers to ensure that medical information is clearly conveyed in text, tables, and figures.
- Check all proof stages from initial layouts to printers’ proofs, incorporating client/author corrections as required, and liaising with relevant internal stakeholders to ensure full input and approval of layouts.
- Assist in the development of editorial schedules, and deliver assigned projects and tasks in accordance with budgeted hours and agreed deadlines.
- Develop effective working relationships with suppliers, including web developers and translation agencies, as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Internet
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent command of English language and attention to detail.
- Eye for design and layout.
- Excellent copyediting and proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of standard copyediting/proof correction marks.
- Familiarity with standard scientific copy preparation/styling conventions.
- Sufficient knowledge of life science for critical review of copy.
- Demonstrated ability in briefing designers.
- Knowledge of print production procedures.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to work to tight timelines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, clients, and suppliers.
- Budgetary awareness/ability to assist with hours estimates for projects.
- Familiarity with EndNote or Reference Manager a plus.
- Familiarity with Adobe InCopy a plus.
- Familiarity with Sitecore content management system a plus.
Quintiles offers a friendly, progressive work atmosphere and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance and vision coverage, tuition assistance, bonus plan and 401(k).
We look forward to the prospect of working with you! To be considered for this position, please click Apply. For more information about Quintiles, please visit our website at: www.quintiles.com
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top