At Quintiles we help healthcare and biopharma companies improve their probability of success. We do this by connecting our scientific, therapeutic and analytics expertise with superior delivery. From advisory through operations, Quintiles and its affiliate companies is the world’s largest provider of product development and integrated healthcare services.
As one of FORTUNE’s ‘Most Admired Companies’ in 2016, we offer great opportunities for a career in world-leading clinical research. Our global projects, innovative tools and industry leading customers combined with outstanding support from our leadership team and clear career mapping allows you to make a difference in patient health.
- 10 years of relevant experience in JAVA and WebService
- Must have:
- 4 – 6 years of experience developing hosted, SaaS Java/J2EE web-based applications
- Experience in leading medium to large teams of developers
- Mentorship experience and ability to on board new team members
- Ability to guide new members on the team and provide technical/leadership
- Experience in Oracle Service Bus and Experience on Oracle SOA Suite 11g/12c , BPEL, Mediators , Adaptors and BPM workflows
- Experience in API Gateway technologies
- Strong knowledge and experience with J2EE, Eclipse, Ant, JDBC, WebLogic and test driven development using JUNIT
- Strong working exposure on SOAP and Rest Based WebService API development
- Experience with high volume/load, high performing SaaS application development
- Self-driven and motivated that takes pride in the development of high quality, on time, within budget projects
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- BS in Computer Science or related. MS Preferred
- Automated Unit testing experience using JUnit or similar tool/technologies
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with offshore team and ability to translate the requirements into software deliverables
- Ability to work with business stakeholders both internal and external and ability to lead product demos and be able to answer related questions
- Able to work independently
- Good to have
- Strong SQL development experience, Oracle knowledge a plus
- Familiar with SCRUM agile development methodology
- Excellent communicator and self-motivated
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to take basic idea and turn it into a detailed spec.
- Work under the direction of product managers ability to deliver solutions
- Applies programming tools, procedures, functions and routines towards delivering the assigned task or activity.
- Good knowledge of source code configuration management software involving check-in/check-out process.
- Work with Product Managers to create accurate effort estimates, plan deliverables, determine risk assessment and estimate resource needs
- Participate in discussions (involving onsite/offshore teams) of requirement analysis/clarifications, architecture, design and development
- Participate in reviews and implementation of SDLC methodologies to ensure high quality software within the schedules and also in testing backups ensuring maximum up-time and maximum performance of database.
- Working closely with other teams, such as QA, systems analysts, deployment/IT and onsite/client professionals for knowledge transfer or requirement clarifications etc. with the required help
- Problem-solving and thinking laterally as part of a team, or individually, to meet the needs of the project
- Delivery Quality deliverables as agreed upon within the schedule
- Flexible enough to adjust to the change in work / technology / Team / etc
- Complete ownership of his deliverables
If you want to make an impact in the global research market, where we’re working to make a real difference in patient health, we ask you to apply now and join our team.
BE / BTECH
Back to top