Contract Negotiation Specialist
Under the direction of the RWLPR Contracts Group attorneys, prepare initial drafts of assigned contracts, revising contracts and preparing execution copies; tracking contracts in database; establish and maintain contracts files; prepare and send client correspondence. The position is a maternity leave cover and as such, we areoffering a 1 year fixed term contract. To note this position could be extendedto a permanent contract based on the business and operationalrequirement.
- Perform review of agreements and draft revisions of various Quintiles contracts.
- Act as a resource for contracts and provide guidance and advice to team.
- Capture pertinent contract provisions in the contracts database and generate reports as requested.
- Produce monthly reports tracking contract expiration dates within 180 days of termination and review contract provisions for adherence to current contracting standards.
- Undertake special projects, as needed, independent of daily responsibilities.
- Respond to internal and external requests, forwarding issues to appropriate individuals, as needed.
- Participate in the development of Contract Negotiations group procedures to improve the timely completion of contract deliverables.
- Track work and obtain appropriate reviews and approvals, adhering to established processes.
- Perform research related to customer requests.
- Work with other stakeholders and RLWPR to understand and review project requirements that affect contract terms and conditions.
- Ensure delivery of a final contract in a timely fashion, working independently or as part of a team.
- Identify support required from RWLPR attorney on contract terms that require extensive negotiation.
- Conduct written and/or verbal follow-up with customers/vendors after the delivery of draft or signature-ready contracts.
- Participate in meetings with other Quintiles internal groups and disseminate information from meetings to the Contract Negotiations group, as appropriate.
- Support departmental activities directed toward meeting planned and projected corporate goals including sales/revenue/customer satisfaction goals.
- Attend and participate in RWLPR and Contract Negotiations group meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Contracts experience in CRO or Pharmaceutical company, clinical trial agreements knowledge, experience in development of the contract templates (Master Sponsor and country specific), developing the Guidance document, providing trainings, responding to queries
- At least 1 year of experience in local or regional contracts department in CRO or Pharmaceutical company
- Strong skills using MS Office Suite: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
- Possess and understanding of database maintenance and report generation
- Good attention to detail
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent proofreading, editing and oral written communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet established timelines
- Ability to review, comprehend, and explain contract terms
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with one year of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
- May require occasional travel.
Back to top