Cloud Operations Engineer
The Cloud Engineer works within a small, high-end team. The role requires a deep understanding of IT operations and key applications and services running on virtualized and cloud platforms. The role’s primary focus is maintaining and troubleshooting the cloud infrastructure. The Cloud Hosting engineers are responsible for complex problem resolution, creating and improving procedures and facilitating communication. Other duties include researching, proofing, and authoring technical documentation that are beneficial to the team and the organization. Responsibilities also include working with other engineers and architects to build and manage services, track the health of our services, identify and fix problems on complex systems.
- Will be the SME supporting current AWS solutions/environment and potentially future cloud platforms
- Advise and assist other platform support teams (Windows/Linux/DB) with their cloud-based solutions
- Execute approved plans for a secure, highly available, and efficient cloud environment.
- Leverage current AWS software and open source solutions to automate as many tasks as possible required to enable and manage the company’s cloud solutions and maximize auto-recovery
- Use system monitoring and alerting tools to resolve incidents within the acceptable timeframes
- Use logging and benchmarking in order to fine tune application and infrastructure performance and to gain better insight into system issues and performance
- Manage AWS as a platform and evolve the support and deployment methodologies to meet business demands
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Account creation, Security Groups
- Experience with VPC design, sub-netting, VLANs, routing tables, network ACLs, security groups & Firewall configurations.
- Systems and network security, data encryption and key management for AWS is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience or understanding for EC2, EBS, S3, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, Cloud Watch, auto scaling, Route 53, SNS, SQS, Lambda, IAM, Certificate Manager.
- General understanding of RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift
- Infrastructure automation coding in a language such as Python, Shell scripts, Powershell with experience specific to AWS component management.
- Experience with HPC job scheduling including queuing systems, job dependencies.
- Experience with auditing via cloud trail, cloud-watch events and VPC flow logs.
- Experience in Pharmaceuticals and/or Healthcare IT preferred
- Collaboratively interact with leadership and multiple stakeholders across the IT organization.
- Excellent organizational skills, and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, making decisions based upon priorities, schedules and an understanding of business initiatives.
- Critical attention to detail, thoroughness and documentation
- Providing rotational on call support
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 7 years relevant work experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Compliance experience such as ITIL, PCI, ISO 27001 or SOX
- AWS certified Solutions Architect Associate or equivalent experience.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) – 3 years
- Elastic Map Reduce.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top