Clinical Laboratory Scientist 2
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Performs testing in those technical areas for which they are appropriately licensed and trained, especially the most complex and newly introduced tests in Hematology.
- Demonstrates the ability to detect and correct technical and operational problems. Notifies supervisor, and when necessary contacts manufacturer or field service support for additional assistance.
- Performs method and instrument validation as assigned.
- Determines the acceptability of testing prior to releasing results, according to established criteria, takes appropriate action in response to critical values or unusual or unexpected results and documents actions.
- Able to determine when results need to be repeated.
- Accurately enters and releases results.
- Assists the supervisor in scheduling and day to day operation. Reports shift problems to lead tech, senior tech, or department supervisor.
- Trains staff in proper performance of both routine and complex procedures.
- Exhibits ability to meet high performance standards and productivity requirements and takes on additional business related responsibilities or projects as delegated by the supervisor.
- Assists with departmental record keeping and documentation requirements.
- Consistently sets an example for other employees by maintaining a safe and neat work area and following company and departmental policies and exhibits leadership qualities.
- Assists in training new personnel.
- Assists in training students.
- Maintains instrumentation.
- Checks and orders reagents and supplies.
- Amends reports after approval
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Current California CLS license or equivalent
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top