Business Development Director with focus on Biotech Segment, Germany
As an award-winning, market leader, Quintiles offers exciting opportunities for top-performing Business Development professionals. We provide clear career progression with significant investment in growing, training and developing our talent. Our BD roles are ideal for those looking to progress in their career, while retaining significant customer relationships.
Working with small biotech companies, this role can mean building relationships with rapidly developing businesses. This also means understanding cutting edge science in a highly competitive market. As a business development professional, you will need to develop and have an in-depth knowledge of Quintiles and how we can help and work with small customers. This can typically mean tailoring our capabilities to assisting with what may be the customer’s only scientific asset. This is a challenging sales-orientated role with the rewards to match.
With support around market intelligence, you will also have support from our inside sales teams, giving you the confidence to represent our business at the highest levels. With a clear marketing strategy, Quintiles is an ideal place to prove your own expertise – we are considered one of the best CROs in the world, and we want the best business development people in the world.
Your role will require:
- Working directly with business owners – often CEOs
- An understanding of Clinical Research Organisations
- The ability to drive relationships and develop or grow new opportunities across accounts
- Generating new and repeat business within accounts
- Networking across companies and into new companies, for new accounts
- The ability to mix cold calling and customer development
Critically, at Quintiles we do not sell a service but we do sell solutions. This means our business development is based on understanding the customer and offering consulting-led solutions. Therefore to succeed in this role you will need these essential skills of networking, motivation, a solid work ethic, self-discipline, and the skills to strategize around winning as well as developing new opportunities. This role will focus primarily on the German and Swiss territories, therefore please expect regular travel in these areas.
As successful candidate you should be located in Germany (office-based or home-based), with fluent language skills in both English and German.
You should also have:
- Extensive experience in a similar role featuring specialized BD account management – ideally within a CRO environment and with focus on biotech segment
- Proven success in reaching and exceeding expectations in a sales capacity
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a business, science or related discipline
- Alternatively, you should have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
If you want to make an impact in the global research market, where we are working to make a real difference in patient health, we ask you to apply now and join our team.
Connect to great opportunity™
Quintiles is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
Back to top