Business Development Director
As an award-winning market leader, Quintiles offers exciting opportunities for top-performing Business Development professionals. We provide clear career progression with significant investment in growing, training and developing our talent. Our BD roles are ideal for those looking to progress in their career while retaining significant customer relationships.
Working with a wide variety of clients, this role mixes strategic and transactional relationships. This requires the ability and flexibility to adapt different strategies for different audiences – from business development with new clients through to developing solutions with more established customers. It also presents the opportunity for integrated sales across these different account types.
With support around market intelligence, you will also have support from our inside sales teams, giving you the confidence to represent our business at the highest levels. With a clear marketing strategy, Quintiles is an ideal place to prove your own expertise. We are the largest biopharmaceutical services provider in the world, and we are searching for the best business development people to join our team and share our excitement.
Your role will require:
- An understanding of Clinical Research Organisations (CRO)
- The ability to drive relationships and develop or grow new opportunities across accounts
- Generating new and repeat business within accounts
- Networking across companies and into new companies, for new accounts
- The ability to mix cold calling and customer development
Critically, at Quintiles we do not sell a service but we do sell solutions. This means our business development is based on understanding the customer and offering consulting-led solutions. Therefore to succeed in this role you will need these essential skills of networking, motivation, a solid work ethic, self-discipline, and the skills to strategize around winning as well as developing new opportunities.
You should have:
- Extensive experience of Business Development in a CRO, providing full service clinical solutions, ideally
- Fluent French and English language skills
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a business, science or related discipline
- Management experience – ideally within a CRO environment
- Alternatively, you should have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Please note, this role can be based anywhere in France, covering this territory.
If you want to make an impact in the global research market, where we are working to make a real difference in patient health, we ask you to apply now and join our team.
Connect to great opportunity™
Quintiles is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
Back to top