Associate Scientist, Screening
Perform routine bioanalytical analysis of vitro screening samples under supervision according to predefined methodology. Assist senior laboratory staff in quantitative analysis, data interpretation and reporting.
- Ability to utilize Sciex API-4000, 5000, 5500 LC/MS instruments to generate quantitative data in support of in vitro screens.
- Under supervision, perform routine in vitro screens analysis using automated liquid handling platform.
- Schedule new in-vitro screens and resolve pending work.
- Work with senior laboratory staff to quantitate data, interpret results and report final results to client in accordance with assay timeline.
- Archive final bioanalytical data and results.
- Assist in basic equipment maintenance and operational verification of laboratory equipment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Sciex API-4000, 5000, 5500 platforms.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory equipment and instrumentation, with particular focus on instrument use and maintenance.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to implement good laboratory practices and other standards within area of responsibility.
- Good documentation skills; ability to manage and maintain complete and accurate records of experiments.
- Good organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work against milestones or goals.
- Computer programming skills (visual basic, .sql)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Knowledge and implementation of safe laboratory practices.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma and 5 years’ relevant lab experience; Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or biology or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Work is performed in a laboratory environment, full manual dexterity and visual acuity required.
- May be exposed to potential physical harm from hazardous chemicals, infectious diseases, blood-borne pathogens, toxic materials, toxic gases, electrical hazards, dangerous tools and equipment use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Regular sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top