Associate Scientist - Genomics R&D (Raleigh/Durham, NC)
Launched in 2015, Q2 Solutions is a leading global clinical trials laboratory services organization. We help biopharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics customers improve human health through innovation that transforms science and data into actionable medical insights. Q2 Solutions is a quality driven, responsive partner with strong global experience and deep scientific and medical expertise. The Q2 Solutions joint venture was formed by Quintiles and Quest Diagnostics, combining the best of each parent organizations clinical trials laboratory services capabilities.
EA Genomics, a division of Q2 Solutions, is a premier genomic services organization, excelling in implementing technologies and services to accelerate research in complex human diseases and the optimal treatment and diagnosis thereof. Recent advances in RNA/DNA sequencing technologies have provided enormous improvements in sequencing quality and throughput. EA uses state-of-the-art high-throughput sequencing and computing systems to turn experiments and assays into real laboratory solutions for researchers and biotech/health/pharma companies. We consistently provide complete solutions by combining our technologies and products with scientific expertise and customer-centric services. Our approach yields the highest-quality data-intensive genomic studies and assays and provides laboratory and bioinformatic consulting services to assist all clients as well.
EA – Q2 Solutions plays an important role in helping pharma companies conduct objective clinical trials to establish not only whether a drug is effective, but who can take it safely. Our customers have relied on us to design and conduct rigorous clinical research for decades, from small studies to multinational mega-trials. If that is your passion, we have a place for you. We have a rewarding opportunity for a Research Associate in GADET group (Genomic Assay Development and Esoteric Testing).
Job Summary: Will contribute to a dynamic assay development team. Responsible for developing, refining and optimizing molecular genomic test procedures utilizing next-generation sequencing and other modern molecular biology techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to all EA policies, procedures and employee handbook contents.
- Contribute to internal scientific reports, documents and communications
- Support the maintenance and operational standards of laboratory equipment, and may perform calibration as necessary
- Support the development of new and existing experimental techniques
- Execute scientific experiments and methods under direct supervision
- Provide project updates/reports of pre-clinical discovery deliverables to project manager, as requested
- Perform specimen testing utilizing newly developed and existing procedures as needed, including routine documentation of results. Ensure quality and timely delivery of pre-clinical discovery deliverables to clients
- Adhere to all appropriate Quality Systems requirements and follow all appropriate laboratory and company SOPs.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of GLP, CLIA and HIPAA requirements.
- Demonstrated expertise in the design and development of molecular biology methods.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, and close attention to detail are essential.
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Superior oral and written communications skills.
- Proficient user of standard office productivity software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, along with basic statistical analysis.
Minimum Education and Experience
- BS or BA (MS preferred) in Molecular Genetics or related field. Minimum of 3 years post-degree molecular biology lab experience.
- Experience in a clinical laboratory operating under GLP and/or CLIA guidelines is preferred.
- Direct experience with qPCR and/or Next Generation Sequencing technologies is strongly preferred
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top