Associate Director, Site Management
Implements agreed strategy and tactics to deliver superior patient recruitment performance at a network of Partner Sites
ensuring the network is suitable to deliver the range of Quintiles current and future backlog of studies.
- Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining
employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters.
- Manage a team of people (CTA, CRC, Project Specialists, SSRMs) to deliver superior patient recruitment performance
across a range of sites.
- Direct Partner Sites staff assuring project deliverables are achieved for each role within span of control. Develop
managers within area of accountability to develop staff along career progression goals and strategic departmental and
- Act as Relationship Manager for certain Partner Sites as required and ensure Partner Sites are meeting the performance
metrics required by the business
- Implement agreed strategic actions for Partner Sites across designated region/country. Take ownership for strategic
initiatives within assigned unit of accountability including development of measures for success.
- Provide leadership and approval for the resourcing process and outcomes, hiring targets and processes and on-boarding
and training standards.
- Evaluate workload, quality and budget metrics through regular analysis of data. Initiate action plans to improve
efficiencies, project outcomes and quality metrics for operation processes and roles.
- Provide leadership to ensure Partner Sites meet or exceed customer expectations. Ensure the improvement of the
execution of Partner Sites processes.
- Effectively communicate and describe all Partner Sites service to internal and external customers.
- Drive quality or process improvement initiatives related to corporate or departmental strategic plans.
- Ensure the Partner Site network within the geographic area of responsibility is fit for purpose to meet the Quintiles
- Ensure Partner Sites are meeting the performance metrics required by the business
- Ensure internal processes are aligned with other stakeholder Departments to optimize use of Partner Sites
- Contribute to the evaluation of the suitability of protocols for a Partner site recruitment solution, supporting Business
development and Proposals as appropriate.
- Oversee or perform Partner Assessment Visits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- In depth knowledge of the drug development processes across all functional areas.
- Knowledge and ability to apply GCP/ICH and applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Knowledge of clinical research financial parameters and project financial tracking and accounting methods.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including good command of English.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Effective time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Expert ability to analyze metrics and information; ensuring activities and strategies are data driven.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a health care or other scientific discipline or educational equivalent; approx 10 years of
experience working on clinical trials with 6 years experience in a leadership capacity; or equivalent combination
of education, training and experience.
Back to top