Associate Accounting Specialist, office based in Bratislava
Provide technical and general accounting services in accordance with Quintiles Finance Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley rules and financial reporting requirements of the business unit (e.g. local GAAP).
- Prepare and process journal entries; maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Provide records of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions.
- Prepare profit and loss, income and balance sheet statements. Maintain inter-company accounting records and reconciliations.
- Prepare VAT Return
- Prepare ad hoc reports for internal and inter-departmental use.
- Prepare Statistic Reports
- Assist in preparation of reports and analysis for use in the annual external audit.
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with all accounting regulations and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Check that appropriate approvals are obtained for accounting purposes.
- Provide recommendations to improve existing processes and suggest alternatives where appropriate
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
University degree with at least 3 year’s experience in accounting; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good command of English and Slovak language
- Knowledge of Slovak Accounting and Taxation
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Finance modules will be a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Technical accounting skills.
- Good analytical and numeracy skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment within procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
Back to top