AD, Stat Programming
- Technical responsibilities:
i) Serve as a Stat Programming consultant for other members of the department and staff members from other Biostatistics departments within the company.
ii) Maintain knowledge and awareness of developments in statistical programming.
iii) May participate as high level lead Stat Programmer on major project(s).
iv) Provide advanced technical expertise for internal and external clients.
v) Independently bring project solutions to SP teams and the Statistical Programming department.
vi) Provide expert review of process and methodology development work with regard to SP standards and validation procedures.
- Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resource matters.
- Ensure the high quality and timeliness of deliverables from the Stat Programming department and ensure the high quality of the QC expert review process.
- Participate in project meetings; keep up-to-date on project issues; keep Director informed of project issues.
- Coordinate and participate in process improvements and interoffice/interdepartmental task forces; oversee collection and reporting of Stat Programming metrics, implementation of revised work practices, new guidelines, and new software tools as they become available.
- Effectively allocate at the site level so as to achieve target utilization rates and project realization rates.
- Participate in sales meetings as required; oversee proposal preparation; ensure that all proposals bid by the department have an adequate budget, and sufficiently detailed set of budget assumptions.
- Master’s degree or educational equivalent in computer science or related field and 7 years relevant experience including 2 years experience managing staff; Bachelor’s degree or educational equivalent in computer science or related field and 8 years relevant experience including 2 years experience managing staff; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Back to top