AD, Inventory Control - Valencia, CA
Launched in 2015, Q2 Solutions is a leading global clinical trials laboratory services organization. We help biopharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics customers improve human health through innovation that transforms science and data into actionable medical insights. Q2 Solutions is a quality driven, responsive partner with strong global experience and deep scientific and medical expertise. The Q2 Solutions joint venture was formed by Quintiles and Quest Diagnostics, combining the best of each parent organizations clinical trials laboratory services capabilities.
Direct or provide directional support to all aspects of materials flow and to maintain control and accuracy over all goods inventories, including all transactions, procurement, planning, scheduling, cost, warehouse, receiving, and shipping to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled on time while leading and developing staff.
- Contribute and support strategic direction for global materials and inventory control.
- Execute or ensure strategic initiatives are executed in a timely manner in accordance with the project plan.
- Develop or support new processes to improve Inventory operations within the company, work with global counterparts to ensure compliance, promote and facilitate global Inventory standardization.
- Plan, coordinate, and provide leadership for complex Inventory projects.
- Develop, implement and manage cross-functional, fully integrated planning process that incorporates make versus buy, capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, material and associated cost elements.
- Performs analysis of customer demand, sales forecasts and historical material usage to develop and execute build to order and build to forecast plans.
- Coordinate with cross-functional business teams to develop the best economic strategy for production planning to support customer demand.
- Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting, purchasing, and material control.
- Prepares customer delivery reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends and uses information to proactively communicate potential late deliveries.
- Establishes and supervises production scheduling activities by monitoring material inventories, tracking progress of production and reviewing factors that affect schedules.
- Contribute in the development and execution of a sourcing strategy to meet the company’s business growth and sourcing requirements.
- Identify, develop and manage effective relationships with existing and potential suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Establish, implement, and manage system to evaluate, monitor and report supplier scorecard performance.
- Adhere to established company policies, procedures, terms and conditions and legal matters that affect purchasing policies.
- Coordinate and work with all relevant parties to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues.
- Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts by implementing and managing, in conjunction with Finance, an inventory control system, capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future.
- Achieves financial objectives by working with management group to prepare the materials budget, schedule expenditures, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions.
- Participates as a member of the operations team in making cross-functional operational decisions.
- Participates in meetings to resolve quality issues working with both internal and external resources.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining and aligning company policies that adhere to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Maintain and provide current understanding of industry best practices and technology trends.
- Identify tools, processes and metrics to optimize supplier value.
- Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, resource, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven experience with PeopleSoft Inventory, Manufacturing and Order Management modules. PeopleSoft query writing, ePro and SCM integrations/integration broker experience advantageous.
- Leads by example and motivates people so as to create a challenging, empowering, and collaborative working environment.
- Good technical writing, documentation, and record keeping skills.
- Good analytical problem solving ability.
- Ability to contribute in a cross functional collaborative environment.
- Financial skills including cost modeling, cost analysis, make vs. buy analysis.
- Ability to leverage metrics and other tools to drive supplier performance and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to lead and motivate high-performing teams whilst creating a quality culture.
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- Skill extracting relevant data to measure performance indicators and proactively plan for growth and scalability
- Ability to analyze work processes to drive efficiency and scalability
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and direct team members to ensure they are performed in a quality manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
- Ability to effectively delegate work.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management or other related discipline.
- At least 10 years progressive experience in management of materials and sourcing within a design and manufacturing environment.
- Experience in total quality, six sigma, or other similar environments.
- Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP systems and their use in a production environment.
- Proficient in use of Peoplesoft Systems
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Ability to demonstrate solid written and oral communication skills.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time
All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top