Windows Systems Engineer
Who We Are
OUR NEXT BIG THING
Could Be Your Thing
The Quicken Loans Family of Companies is obsessed with always finding a better way through the creativity, innovation and transformative thinking of our leaders and team members. We certainly have the desire and ability to adapt to a changing world. And we are known to have changed the world ourselves – from revolutionizing the mortgage banking industry, to creating new technology-driven ventures, to developing life-changing career experiences, to revitalizing the communities in which we live, work and play.
We understand that the type of people we hire have a lot to share. They are transformative thinkers who help us bring about radical change. We give our team members the creative environment, freedom to think and explore, and to advance their new ideas and thoughts. That’s why we created Bullet Time, our signature program for rapid-fire innovation that nurtures “intrapreneurs” among our tech team members.
Here, the Next Big Thing could be your thing.
What You'll Do/Need
Our Windows System Engineers play a critical role in the design, implementation and administration of our Windows systems. System Engineers ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the messaging systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems.
- Install, configure and maintain Microsoft Exchange
- Oversee and troubleshoot operating systems and applications using OS-based, resource kit, and third-party tools
- Support a multi-server web farm running IIS 7.x, hosting multiple .NET based applications
- Utilize enterprise tools to manage, monitor and secure large enterprise data center environments
- Troubleshoot problems and quickly resolve issues
- Analyze failures to minimize outages and interruptions
- Experience working with Microsoft Exchange, including the design, implementation, and overall architecture of Exchange
- Proficient experience in cloud services (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Proven experience performing server systems design, implementation and administration
- Proven experience with server class hardware from a major OEM (Dell, IBM, HP, etc.) and Windows server operating systems (2008 R2, 2012, 2016)
- Ability to script and automate using Powershell
- Experience with Windows server active directory
- Ability to implement solutions utilizing Microsoft technologies such as Windows Clustering, IIS 7.x, 8.0, DFS, SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012, Office 365
What'll Make You Special
- Experience with various development technologies, Visual Studio, .NET, C#, WCF, Windows services, WPF, PHP, Python, Node.js, etc.
- Experience with system engineering or project management, taking projects from initial concept through planning, implementation, and consultation
- Proficiency with enterprise-level administration of network services such as DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP and troubleshooting
- Enterprise-level proficiency in cloud services
- Experience with doing on-prem migrations and/or bursting to the cloud
- Technical certifications (MCP, MCSE, MCITP, AWS, etc.)
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers who originated a new mortgage, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2016 Servicing based on 7,542 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers with their current mortgage servicer, surveyed in March – April 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top