Who We Are
Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, developing, leasing, financing, and managing commercial and residential buildings. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates has committed more than $5.6 billion in acquiring and developing more than 100 properties in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 16 million square feet.
Bedrock is leading Detroit’s building boom with the city’s largest and most ambitious projects. These projects meet an increasing demand for Class A office space and modern living options in a growing and technology-centric urban core, with an emphasis on ground-level activation and increased walkability. In the next five years, Bedrock plans to deliver 3,500 new residential units to the market; from City Modern, an 8.4-acre neighborhood where residents can age in place; to 28Grand, where residents use the city as their living room; to the Hudson’s project, which will soon be home to Detroit’s tallest building and most landmark address.
Our Core Values: Independently Driven | Never Satisfied | Relentless Commitment to Service
At Bedrock, we create unique experiences through real estate! From your experience each day at the workplace to the experience we create for those who live, work, and play in our spaces, we are focused on making a lasting impression through our properties and developments. We are looking for team members that want to make an impact in the fast-paced world of real estate, management and development and who want to be a part of a team who is changing the landscape in the cities where we work. At Bedrock, you will be a part of an inspirational, energy-filled environment. Come join the momentum!
What You'll Do/Need
In this newly created position, which reports to the Chief Information Officer, the Vice President of Technology has overall responsibility for establishing current and long-range direction of technology aimed at keeping the organization on the forefront of change. The Vice President of Technology evaluates existing business technology resources and recommends new technologies or upgrades/enhancements to existing technologies that have the potential to improve business performance.
- Establish and enforce standards relating to the availability, reliability, scalability and security of purchased or internally built technology solutions
- Stay informed on emerging technologies and evaluates their value to the organization
- Dispense technical advice, guidance, direction and authorization to carry out major plans and procedures
- Coordinate the design, development, marketing and maintenance of technology projects or product lines
- Analyze new technologies and runs competitive analyses
- Promote the interfacing and control of the organization's present technology and the dissemination of technological information throughout the organization
- Act as a liaison between end users and development teams, ensuring that technology is installed or configured in a way that supports business objectives and meets user needs
- Develop specifications and oversees configuration and testing
- Schedule or coordinate the deployment of upgrades or enhancements to minimize downtime or loss of productivity
- Participate in the development of the organization's long-term technology strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/business; graduate degree/certifications are a plus
- 10 years of experience in significant IT infrastructure work with specific experiences in Windows and Meraki environments
- Experience with residential and commercial real estate technologies
- Experience developing high-level architecture for usage of platforms and common services
- Knowledge of systems design and development, web-based systems, voice and data communications technologies, security methodologies, open architecture systems, common programming languages, open-source software, business intelligence and data analytics
- Experience at the leadership level delivering innovative strategies and launching enterprise wide programs in a fast paced, evolving organization
- Demonstrated hands-on leadership in the development and implementation of contemporary enterprise technology architectures
- Ability to utilize best practices and current innovations across technology solutions and platforms
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize business data and develop innovative and holistic business solutions that are forward-thinking and growth-oriented
- Ability to build effective relationships and diffuse high-tension situations while still offering constructive feedback
- Ability to aid in the cultivation and execution of business strategies using strong analytical capabilities and fact-based approaches to develop effective solutions to business issues
- Commitment to customer-centered decision making leveraging ITIL best practices methodology
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing abilities
- Demonstrated integration and strategic planning skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Highest levels of integrity as well as a consultative and embracing personality
- Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills, as well as proven organizational skills
- Ability to be disciplined and focused on business fundamentals
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top