Who We Are
StockX is the world’s first online consumer “stock market of things” for high-demand, limited edition products. Participants buy and sell authenticated products in a live marketplace where they anonymously trade with stock market-like visibility. The StockX exchange offers buyers and sellers historical price and volume metrics, real-time bids and offers (asks), time-stamped trades, individualized portfolio tracking and metrics, as well as in-depth market analysis and news. StockX launched its inaugural marketplace in the secondary sneaker space with plans to expand to additional consumer product segments that have a natural need for a live secondary market.
What You'll Do/Need
The Vice President of Finance is an experienced financial leader with demonstrated success in helping to take an organization through a high growth phase, a larger geographic footprint and the demands on infrastructure and resources that result from rapid growth. The VP will partner with the Leadership team to provide guidance and support that will enable the company to move aggressively toward achieving its growth plans. The VP should have financial experience helping to scale consumer-centric ecommerce businesses. The role’s primary day-to-day responsibilities include planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic financial planning, as well as budgeting, compliance and managing financial supplier relationships. The successful candidate will be able to effectively articulate company strategy and financial performance to team members and investors.
- Provide leadership in the facilitation of corporate goals, governance and acts as a sounding board for the CEO on a variety of subjects
- Fluent in consumer ecommerce business customer acquisition metrics like CAC, LTV, etc., with an ability to understand and analyze the interplay between CAC, gross margins and churn.
- Understanding of the company lifecycle as it relates to metrics and timing of fundraising
- Manage work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic
- Maintain strong network and keep up with trends to bring best practices to the team and business
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to all team members
- Maintain growth stage, with an ability to balance the needs of a dynamic, fast ramp company with the overarching requirements of fiscal responsibility
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts
- Engage all relevant members of the leadership team to align financial management with short- and long-term financial planning and projections.
- Work successfully across functional groups to achieve key operational goals that have financial implications
- Identify and implement processes to provide critical financial and operational information to manage, enable, guide and scale an emerging business
- Establish key financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion
- Provide advisor-level financial perspective on any contracts with other entities
- Prepare monthly financial reports, and review and analyze monthly financial performance and make recommendations
- Identify, develop and execute analysis and forecasts of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget
- Oversee accounting to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, compliance and financial procedures
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for leadership and investors
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements
- Supervise the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns
- Monitor the month-end close process (including general ledger accounts, balance sheet and overhead cost allocation) and constantly review procedures to eliminate inefficiencies
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Hire, develop and manage Accounting team members as needed
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors, and manage preparation and support of all external audits
- Understand currency implications of international business and hedge strategies
- Manage cash flow planning process
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization's plans and operating budgets
- Remain current on best audit practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs
- Negotiate and manage payment processing relationships
- Ten-plus years of accounting or finance experience in leadership roles, and experience with international operations and understanding of consumer marketplace drivers
- Proven experience in building, mentoring, motivating and leading high-performance teams that attract and retain top talent; also has ability to effectively tap into the strengths and compensate for the weaknesses of individuals in each of the financial roles
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards
- Proven success as a financial leader in an entrepreneurial environment within a startup/consumer business ecommerce company
- Demonstrated passion, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate and inspire team members
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to hire “A” players, while continuously developing team members and coaching for performance
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and is a team player
- A great communicator who is self-aware, collaborative and open to feedback
- Entrepreneurial leader with a driving desire to win big in the market
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Accounting or Finance
- CPA/MBA preferred
What You'll Get
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Stock X gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. StockX offers access to full benefits including health, dental, and 401k.
Stock X is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top