VMware / Virtualization Engineer
Who We Are
We’re America’s largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination” for the past eight consecutive years, 2010 – 2017. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for four consecutive years, 2014 through 2017, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans” in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
What You'll Do/Need
The Virtualization Systems Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, performance optimization and integrity of the virtualization environment. This role is responsible for the stability, integrity and day-to-day performance of the VMware infrastructure and its guests. The Virtualization Systems Engineer applies proven communication and problem-solving skills to work with clients to troubleshoot performance issues, provide reliable backups and educate clients on the virtualization environment.
- Design, build and operate VMware ESXi infrastructure in accordance with best practices
- Design, build and operate Dell and Cisco UCS VMware server infrastructure in accordance with best practices
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Maintain system integrity
- Coordinate with other team members to accomplish projects in allotted timeframes
- Strong drive to keep current on virtualization product trends and innovations
- Serve as an advocate for virtualization within the organization
- 5 years of related work experience in VMware ESXi administration or engineering in a clustered host environment
- Strong analytic and research skills
- Experience with enterprise backup solutions
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and quickly resolve issues
- Experience with tier 1 server virtualization
- Experience with enterprise performance monitoring solutions
- Desire to improve upon existing system designs and automate processes
- Ability to create reports and educate clients on the health of the virtual environment
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Strong communication skills
What’ll Make You Special
- Experience with multiple virtualization platforms
- Experience with virtualization automation technology
- Experience with virtualization backup solutions
- Experience with storage administration of various vendor storage devices
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision insurance and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2017 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures the opinions of customers who originated a new mortgage or refinanced within the past 12 months, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2017 Servicing based on 7,374 total responses and measures the opinions of homeowners on their mortgage servicing company, surveyed in March – April 2017. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Quicken Loans is the #1 online lender based on the ranking of Quicken Loans in comparison to online residential mortgage lenders included in the Inside Mortgage Finance "Top 50 Mortgage Lenders" report from Q2 2017.
Back to top