Vice President of Development
Who We Are
Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, leasing, financing, and managing commercial and residential space. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates have invested more than $3.5 billion in developing more than 100 properties in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 16 million square feet. Bedrock’s real estate portfolio consists of more than 330 office and retail tenants in Detroit’s technology-centric downtown. For more information, visit www.bedrockdetroit.com or engage with us on Twitter @BedrockDetroit and Facebook.
What You'll Do/Need
The VP of Development has the ultimate responsibility for guiding and driving all applicable projects from conception through completion, ensuring that each development represents the company’s interests and meets or exceeds the financial goals of the project. The VP of Development will provide critical and high level development coordination and management for various projects. More specifically, this will provide assistance with and/or will be directly responsible for any of the following job responsibilities.
- Provide analytical support for investment and strategic business decisions in real estate development
- Evaluate and establish project objectives in order to maximize the use of the property and the ROI
- Coordinate and arrange broad scope due-diligence and feasibility studies, as required to determine market characteristics and critical attributes of the physical site, as they relate to revenue and cost projections
- Identify, pursue and obtain all applicable sources of subsidy and any other financial vehicles that will facilitate the completion of the project within the established ROI objectives
- Evaluate on an ongoing basis the timing of each prospective development and determine which projects should receive maximum attention, based upon the potential profitability of each project at any point in time
- Evaluate design alternatives, reviewing options with appropriate Leasing, Design, Construction and Development staff
- Facilitate evaluation of the project design by Management and Operations in order to ensure that the interests of each group are satisfied, progressing through the development process as key milestones (entitlements, pre-leasing, financing, etc.) are achieved and approval is obtained to proceed
- Establish, monitor and drive developments to be on schedule and on budget
- Interface with in-house Construction personnel from concept studies through bid documents, performing ongoing cost analyses in order to accurately determine the project cost and identify the most cost efficient construction means, materials and methods and the related schedule
- Work with Development, design, construction and third party professionals to develop and refine plans to produce high quality communities that are responsive to the needs of residence/tenants and are financially feasible
- Supervise and approve all design decisions to maximize the physical and aesthetic quality and overall effectiveness of the project, while minimizing cost
- Facilitate and monitor tenant design and construction effort to ensure that the project development and design objectives are satisfied
- Manage the Development team and the relationship between internal cross-functional teams
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Development, Finance, Design, Law or related field
- Graduate Degree preferred
- 15 years or more of experience in development of significant real estate projects with preference for experience in mixed use, multifamily and retail projects
- High quality analytical skills with an emphasis on the development process
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic, fast‐paced environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Self‐motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Real Estate, law, planning, architecture or engineering certifications or licenses are helpful, but not required
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Meet the anti-corporate culture of Bedrock, where there's no daunting hierarchy, "boss" is a four-letter word, and if you work hard, you're the one who'll reap the rewards, both personally and professionally. More than any other place you'll work, we’re dedicated to honing your skills, helping you grow and making sure you have plenty of fun while you’re at it.
Bedrock is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Senior Director of Mortgage Banking
Dana loves working on the frontline of client care, making sure every person who works with Quicken Loans gets the best service possible and obtains a mortgage seamlessly.
Back to top