Vice President, Emerging Technology
Who We Are
OUR NEXT BIG THING
Could Be Your Thing
The Quicken Loans Family of Companies is obsessed with always finding a better way through the creativity, innovation and transformative thinking of our leaders and team members. We certainly have the desire and ability to adapt to a changing world. And we are known to have changed the world ourselves – from revolutionizing the mortgage banking industry, to creating new technology-driven ventures, to developing life-changing career experiences, to revitalizing the communities in which we live, work and play.
We understand that the type of people we hire have a lot to share. They are transformative thinkers who help us bring about radical change. We give our team members the creative environment, freedom to think and explore, and to advance their new ideas and thoughts. That’s why we created Bullet Time, our signature program for rapid-fire innovation that nurtures “intrapreneurs” among our tech team members.
Here, the Next Big Thing could be your thing.
What You'll Do/Need
Quicken Loans is seeking a tech-savvy, self-driven, and adaptable Vice President of Emerging Technologies. At Quicken Loans, Technology drives the business. We believe in reimagining the future with simplicity. Our sharp-minded Vice President of Emerging Technologies will drive transformation in our business and industry by finding solutions to challenges before they are problems. This energetic individual will be responsible for working with technology and business leaders to identify emerging technologies and trends. You will foster an innovative spirit across our teams and cultivate a passion to think differently. Your fail-fast mindset will lead to big wins. Wins that change the way people think. Wins that make getting a mortgage radically simple. Wins that transform an entire industry and blaze the trial for everyone else that follows.
What You’ll Do
- Be on the forefront of new and emerging technologies
- Drive experiments that take calculated risks through a scientific method approach
- Constantly challenge the norm and explore “what if?”
- Effectively communicate bleeding edge technology and know how to apply it towards real-world challenges
- Drive a creative mindset across all teams in the business
- Work with the IT Strategy team to shape direction and roadmaps across our products
- Lead ideas to execution by establishing an innovation delivery process
- Prototype concepts and ideas with engineering to deliver real world examples
- Promote emerging technologies both internally and externally
What You’ll Need
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT Management, Computer Engineering is preferred. (Master’s degree is a plus)
- 5+ years experience in IT leadership roles
- Demonstrated track record of success in leading technology teams with delivery of innovative results
- Strong process improvement orientation coupled with a curious mind
- Ability to turn poorly defined problems into actionable solutions
- Ability to represent the emerging technologies and trends to senior leadership
- Ability to present complex ideas in clear, concise manner to technical and non-technical groups
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers who originated a new mortgage, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2016 Servicing based on 7,542 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers with their current mortgage servicer, surveyed in March – April 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top