Vice President, Acquisitions
Who We Are
Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, leasing, financing, and managing commercial and residential space. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates have invested more than $3.5 billion in developing more than 100 properties in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 16 million square feet. Bedrock’s real estate portfolio consists of more than 330 office and retail tenants in Detroit’s technology-centric downtown. For more information, visit www.bedrockdetroit.com or engage with us on Twitter @BedrockDetroit and Facebook.
What You'll Do/Need
The Vice President, Acquisitions will be responsible for executing the strategic acquisitions plan. The person in this role will be responsible for putting together acquisitions that have a high yield, high appeal and high value to the organization.
- Create or execute an existing strategic plan for the acquisition activities of the company and get approval of such plan from senior management
- Establish, develop and foster quality business relationships with all of the “players” in the downtown Detroit area to find and drive new opportunities for acquisitions. These “players” should include but not be limited to real estate brokers, politicians, private owners, institutions
- Identify and acquire investment opportunities of existing assets and/or developable land
- Perform financial analysis, modeling, valuations, performance measurements and the due diligence process
- Manage disposition of any assets targeted for sale: select brokers; perform asset review, including appropriate marketing methods and pricing; and approve content, quality and timing of offering materials. Lead response and negotiation efforts through execution of purchase and sale agreement, due diligence, and closing and post-closing activities
- Develop and implement strategic business plan for specific assets and department
- Oversee training of team members, especially in financial and credit analysis
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Business, Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture
- Ten years of progressive experience in acquisitions, development and construction or project management
- Proficient in the use of computer software including ARGUS, Word, Excel, Outlook and Project or other project management software
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Meet the anti-corporate culture of Bedrock, where there's no daunting hierarchy, "boss" is a four-letter word, and if you work hard, you're the one who'll reap the rewards, both personally and professionally. More than any other place you'll work, we’re dedicated to honing your skills, helping you grow and making sure you have plenty of fun while you’re at it.
Bedrock is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Senior Director of Mortgage Banking
Dana loves working on the frontline of client care, making sure every person who works with Quicken Loans gets the best service possible and obtains a mortgage seamlessly.
Back to top