- Detroit, MI
- 2 years of training experience with a passion for adult learning and training and development
- Proven track record in sales: high-volume inside sales experience preferred; automotive sales experience a plus
- Strong presentation skills, individual coaching, classroom presence and classroom management skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Working knowledge of adult learning styles and the ability to shift training presentation to suit all learning styles
- Ability to multitask, own multiple projects and effectively manage time
- Experience with instructional design desirable
- Receptive to providing, receiving and implementing feedback
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and ability to learn new technologies
The Sales Training Consultant ensures new and current automotive sales executives have the product, process and sales skills as well as the knowledge necessary to be successful in their role while providing an amazing client experience. Rocket Auto virtually sells pre-owned vehicles directly to consumers from our office in Detroit. As one of the fastest-growing teams at Rocket Auto, we are revolutionizing the car buying experience.
- Develop and execute relevant and impactful training events for newly hired and tenured automotive sales consultants
- Prepare new sales representatives by conducting orientation sessions about the sales process, developing individual coaching plans, and providing resources and assistance
- Identify training needs through analysis, assessments, business metrics and quality metrics
- Build strong relationships and communicate clearly with business partners to provide insight on training needs, scheduling, trends and expectations
- Handle training and event coordination and logistics
- Provide honest and thorough weekly feedback on all training workshops to leaders and colleagues
- Maintain a presence on the production floor to shadow, coach and assess
- Improve training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques, making support readily available and integrating support with routine job functions
Who We Are
Rocket Auto is a virtual marketplace where consumers can purchase vehicles from a variety of dealers. The company allows the buyers to browse through thousands of vehicles from a variety of sellers, granting them more freedom, clarity and choice. Rocket Auto team members are available every step of the way to help with vehicle choice, delivery and financing. By innovating digital solutions for the automotive industry, Rocket Auto will push the limits of what is imaginable in terms of vehicle transactions.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top