- Detroit, MI
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- 1 year of previous mortgage/secondary market experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficiency in SQL
The Trader is a highly visible team member responsible for the sale of mortgage loans and/or servicing.
- Execute sales of mortgage loan pools under the direction of Capital Markets leadership
- Regularly evaluate all execution avenues - examples include MBS, cash window, whole loan, servicing released/retained and private-label securitization
- Explore new mortgage loan sale opportunities
- Create, maintain and deepen relationships with buyers of whole loan and/or mortgage assets (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae, Wall Street firms, large national mortgage banks, depository banks and other financial institutions)
- Monitor market conditions, investor sentiment and trading volume/activity
- Regularly communicate emerging market dynamics and valuation trends to teammates and colleagues
- Assist in the development of a mortgage trading strategy meant to maximize profits while reducing risk
- Identify relative value opportunities that support Capital Markets/team strategies
- Prepare reports detailing executed trades, profits and losses
- Monitor and manage our pipeline of loans not yet sold
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans "Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination" for the past 10 consecutive years, 2010 - 2019. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 6 consecutive years, 2014 through 2019, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of "Best Places to Work for African Americans" in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last 5 years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top 30 for the past 15 years.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top