Who We Are
We’re America’s largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination” for the past eight consecutive years, 2010 – 2017. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for four consecutive years, 2014 through 2017, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans” in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
What You'll Do/Need
The Payroll Team Leader oversees the processing and maintenance of payroll and payroll tax information by managing and executing on payroll preparation, completing reports and maintaining records. By using experience and tact, this leader supports and aligns our business objectives and strategies.
- Oversee the administration of payroll information through directing the collection, calculation and entering of data
- Pay team members by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability and nontaxable wages
- Balance the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies
- Comply with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions
- Maintain payroll staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training team members
- Maintain payroll staff job results by counseling and disciplining team members, and planning, monitoring and appraising job results
- Coordinate the collection of unemployment rates to update for accurate payment
- Lead the annual audit of payroll practices
- Team up with legal, finance and team relations to ensure smooth communication and transparency
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, management or a related field
- Successful team leadership experience
- Strong leadership skills, including organization, project management, delegation and analysis with a customer service disposition
- Ability to apply creative problem solving to various business issues ensuring we meet objectives within desired budget parameters
- Ability to communicate with all levels in the organization and influence key decision makers
What’ll Make You Special
- 5 years of directly related payroll experience is preferred
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision insurance and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2017 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures the opinions of customers who originated a new mortgage or refinanced within the past 12 months, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2017 Servicing based on 7,374 total responses and measures the opinions of homeowners on their mortgage servicing company, surveyed in March – April 2017. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Quicken Loans is the #1 online lender based on the ranking of Quicken Loans in comparison to online residential mortgage lenders included in the Inside Mortgage Finance "Top 50 Mortgage Lenders" report from Q2 2017.
Back to top