Title Clearance Analyst -Purchase
Who We Are
Title Source is the largest independent provider of title insurance, property valuations and settlement services in the nation. The company is a preferred provider to nine of the top 10 retail mortgage lenders and provides commercial title services to real estate professionals, corporations and attorneys nationwide. Title Source is based in Detroit, Michigan, and retains regional operating centers in California, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas.
What You'll Do/Need
The person in this position will evaluate and resolve title issues on title commitments or found in the abstracts. They will facilitate the correct lien position for lending clients as well as ensure that the new buyer is getting a clean and marketable title policy with all breaks in the chain being eliminated.
- Review title commitments and title searches
- Facilitate the clearance of paid and unreleased mortgages and liens of public record
- Research and provide payoffs for open liens and judgments
- Correspond with vendors to obtain necessary documentation to assist with title clearance issues
- Communicate updates with internal and external clients for outstanding title conditions
- Review trusts, divorces, probate, land contracts and other types of conveyance instruments for compliance in issuing title policies
- Determine any and all breaks or clouds in the chain of title that would hinder a clean final owner’s policy.
- Two years of title clearance experience
- Strong investigative and researching skills
- Comprehension of how interest in real property is created and removed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the workflow for clearance procedures
- Possess strong computer skills using visual and dexterity skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and work in a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Positive attitude
- High sense of urgency
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We’re Different
Meet the anti-corporate culture of Title Source, where there's no daunting hierarchy, "boss" is a four-letter word, and if you work hard you're the one who'll reap the rewards, both personally and professionally. More than any other place you'll work, we’re dedicated to honing your skills, helping you grow and making sure you have plenty of fun while you’re at it.
Title Source is an equal-opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top