Technology Operations Engineer
Who We Are
Xenith football helmets feature Xenith Adaptive Head Protection® – a system of patented technologies designed to provide superior fit and to minimize the sudden movement of the head during impact. Hundreds of thousands of players at all levels, including youth, high school, major college and the NFL wear Xenith helmets. Xenith incorporates the same protection technology in not only helmets but also Xenith’s XFlexion Shoulder Pads. Being “An Authorized Supplier of Helmets to the NFL,” Xenith supports making the game of football a safer game for everyone to play.
What You'll Do/Need
Joining the Xenith Technology team means being part of the "Modern IT" model. Information technology is currently undergoing a revolution in modern business – a transition from being overhead to being part of the company's growth strategy. We are a team of passionate individuals looking to impact the outcome and have an opportunity to build something unique. We're looking to augment our team with people who have the drive to do something big and impactful with technology. Grow your skills while engaging in interesting and fulfilling work and helping build the technology team of the future. The Technology Operations Engineer is involved with designing and implementing solutions across multiple value streams within the business, turning complex business problems and opportunities into streamlined and integrated applications and services while utilizing forward-thinking technology. This team member will be involved in all parts of the solution-delivery process: ideation, architecture and design, technology selection, partner management, development, delivery and planned support. The Technology Operations Engineer utilizes tools and techniques such as Cloud, XaaS and APIs to help our business grow exponentially. This role is 60% hands on and 40% strategic.
- Partner with the business and other Technology team members to broker, integrate and
- orchestrate new technologies aligned with business value streams
- Manage technology partnerships to drive impactful outcomes
- Create architecture models and explain complex business ideas in a simplified manner
- Design and operate cloud-based architectures and services in support of the goals of the business
- Understand and identify business processes and opportunities for technology in those value streams
- Process improvement and business alignment activities
- Provide hands-on support with production systems
- Keep an overall watch on the process of building security into new features’ designs
- Enable flexibility in solution design
- Drive business growth through new ways of thinking about technology operations
- Eight years of experience working in technology
- Passion for technology
- Ability to be personable and communicate effectively
- Comfort with working on a team and independently
- Ability to have both a strategic impact and a tactical impact on the outcomes of the business
- Curiosity and the ability to think about the big picture
- Problem-solving skills and a willingness to do what it takes to execute
- Ability to come up with innovative solutions utilizing technology
- Hardware and systems administration background with an operations mindset
- Ability to develop cloud-hosting strategies and approaches to provide scale, security and flexibility
- DNS authentication, authorization and security practices
- Understanding of operating systems’ networking protocols
- Proficiency in cloud providers such as AWS and Azure
- Proficiency with both relational and non-relational databases as well as SQL
- Proficiency with development tools such as SVN, GitHub and Visual Studio
- Time management, critical thinking and comprehension skills
What You'll Get
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Xenith gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally.
Xenith is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top