Technical Product Manager
- Detroit, MI
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a STEM-related field; computer science preferred
- 5 years of experience as a software engineer or quality assurance engineer delivering SaaS offerings
- 3 years of experience as a technical project manager, product owner or scrum master delivering SaaS offerings
- Experience with Atlassian tool set, e.g., Confluence and Jira
- Ability to coach others throughout the organization in product delivery, including Agile methodologies
- Flexibility to use the best tool or methodology for delivering projects, realizing that process should never stand in the way of product
- Understand the fundamentals of iterative/incremental development
- Understanding of multiple Agile methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban, XP, FDD, etc.
- Strong sense of urgency and the ability to focus on the end goal without distraction
- Startup experience
- General project management experience
- Experience in e-commerce
- Experience working with geo-spaced teams
- Awareness of MEAN and MERN stacks
Amber Engine is seeking an experienced Technical Product Manager to assist with overall program delivery. This team member will be responsible for day-to-day product delivery, including but not limited to working closely with the product team to understand business requirements, interpreting business requirements to convert to technical requirements, conducting daily stand-ups and handling other necessary activities in relation to technical product delivery.
- Conducting daily stand-ups
- Scheduling and facilitating meetings to facilitate decision making, demos, sprint planning, etc.
- Remove impediments for the development team
- Help hold team members accountable to commitments
- Work cross-functionally with the product team to clarify user stories and requirements before tickets are created
- Create and enter tickets
- Maintain the backlog and work with the product, development and QA teams to prioritize
- Work with QA to address issues as needed
- Work with the development and QA teams in multiple locations and countries to coordinate deliverables
- Other tasks and responsibilities may be required outside of traditional technical product management activities, as this is an early stage startup
Who We Are
Detroit-based Amber Engine was founded by a team of home furnishing industry innovators, technologists and business experts. Our mission is to create simply powerful tools that make data sharing for the home furnishings industry easy and efficient.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
Back to top