Technical Data Steward
Who We Are
We’re America’s largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination” for the past eight consecutive years, 2010 – 2017. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for four consecutive years, 2014 through 2017, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans” in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years and we were ranked #10 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
What You'll Do/Need
The Technical Data Steward is responsible for organizing and operating the Quicken Loans Enterprise Metadata Repository. This individual collects Quicken Loans technical terms and translates them into enterprise-level metadata. They are responsible for the development and implementation of processes to manage enterprise-level technical metadata as well as the content and usage of business metadata. The Technical Data Steward provides functional, technical and process leadership. The organization will depend on this person to implement and monitor information architecture for the organization. The work involves a high level of independent judgment, decision-making, teamwork and initiative. This team member will report to the director of data governance.
- Provide mapping of data into systems
- Provide current data definitions
- Provide current data schemas
- Create and manage lists of data shares/traceability
- Create and manage lists of systems supporting data domain
- Provide inventory of data
- Act as a technical resource with an in-depth understanding of data and information architecture and consult on data-based decisions
- Provide explanations of data processes and information systems
- Review materials created by stewards or the governance office to confirm their technical validity
- Provide transparency on data architectures and database schemas
- Help in the technical resolution of issues
- Attend Data Governance Forum meetings as needed to provide expertise
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years data-related experience (e.g., data quality, data compliance)
- Solid understanding of master and transactional data entities
- Ability to identify and describe the complex interplay between data in the various systems of origin and final use (e.g., reporting, decision-making, regulatory compliance, etc.)
- Ability to understand the implications of data quality issues and explain the impact that technology, organizational structure and business practices have on data quality
- Ability to interact with cross-functional and quality improvement teams at every level of the organization
- Strong analytical skills as well as hands-on experience with data-related issue analysis and development of solutions to resolve data quality issues
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated process improvement skills
- Proactive work style and a desire to take on additional responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What’ll Make You Special
- Collibra tools experience
- Appreciation and understanding of data governance
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers who originated a new mortgage, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2016 Servicing based on 7,542 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers with their current mortgage servicer, surveyed in March – April 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top