Technical Data Steward
Who We Are
OUR NEXT BIG THING
Could Be Your Thing
The Quicken Loans Family of Companies is obsessed with always finding a better way through the creativity, innovation and transformative thinking of our leaders and team members. We certainly have the desire and ability to adapt to a changing world. And we are known to have changed the world ourselves – from revolutionizing the mortgage banking industry, to creating new technology-driven ventures, to developing life-changing career experiences, to revitalizing the communities in which we live, work and play.
We understand that the type of people we hire have a lot to share. They are transformative thinkers who help us bring about radical change. We give our team members the creative environment, freedom to think and explore, and to advance their new ideas and thoughts. That’s why we created Bullet Time, our signature program for rapid-fire innovation that nurtures “intrapreneurs” among our tech team members.
Here, the Next Big Thing could be your thing.
What You'll Do/Need
The Technical Data Steward is responsible for organizing and operating the Quicken Loans Enterprise Metadata Repository. This individual collects Quicken Loans technical terms and translates them into enterprise-level metadata. They are responsible for the development and implementation of processes to manage enterprise-level technical metadata as well as the content and usage of business metadata. The Technical Data Steward provides functional, technical and process leadership. The organization will depend on this person to implement and monitor information architecture for the organization. The work involves a high level of independent judgment, decision-making, teamwork and initiative. This team member will report to the director of data governance.
- Provide mapping of data into systems
- Provide current data definitions
- Provide current data schemas
- Create and manage lists of data shares/traceability
- Create and manage lists of systems supporting data domain
- Provide inventory of data
- Act as a technical resource with an in-depth understanding of data and information architecture and consult on data-based decisions
- Provide explanations of data processes and information systems
- Review materials created by stewards or the governance office to confirm their technical validity
- Provide transparency on data architectures and database schemas
- Help in the technical resolution of issues
- Attend Data Governance Forum meetings as needed to provide expertise
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years data-related experience (e.g., data quality, data compliance)
- Solid understanding of master and transactional data entities
- Ability to identify and describe the complex interplay between data in the various systems of origin and final use (e.g., reporting, decision-making, regulatory compliance, etc.)
- Ability to understand the implications of data quality issues and explain the impact that technology, organizational structure and business practices have on data quality
- Ability to interact with cross-functional and quality improvement teams at every level of the organization
- Strong analytical skills as well as hands-on experience with data-related issue analysis and development of solutions to resolve data quality issues
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated process improvement skills
- Proactive work style and a desire to take on additional responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What’ll Make You Special
- Collibra tools experience
- Appreciation and understanding of data governance
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers who originated a new mortgage, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2016 Servicing based on 7,542 total responses and measures experiences and perceptions of consumers with their current mortgage servicer, surveyed in March – April 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit JDPower.com.
Meet Some of Quicken Loans's Employees
Aliciajewell designs and tests banking reports, as well as provides support for internal tools—and leads training classes for the Quicken Loans Business Intelligence Team.
Back to top